PDA

View Full Version : Unmoveable lump behind Ear

HopelessWorrier2011
02-02-16, 16:21
Hello All,

I have today found a pea sized lump behind my ear which is fixed to the bone and will not move at all, this is the first day that I have noticed this and has sent me into a frenzy of panic.

Have any of you lovely people experienced this or any suggestions of what this could be that is not what I am thinking.

Any responses would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

rebeccad
02-02-16, 16:27
I have this , it feels like bone , I've always had it and it's never really bothered me x

HopelessWorrier2011
02-02-16, 16:33
Really appreciate your response, maybe it might be something I am just going to have now, mine is also so solid it feels like a bone. I am 34 and dont think I have ever had this before x

rebeccad
02-02-16, 17:09
Mine is exactly like bone x

countrygirl
02-02-16, 17:50
I used to get what felt like tiny pea sized lump on my skull bone behind ear but mine was def a lymph node as it would stay about 2 weeks then go away. Never knew why and I always got to the point of thinking I will go to Dr when it disappeared. I had it a couple of times a year for a few years then never again.

Have you felt same area on other side of your head because if you have something similar then its just normal biology.

almamatters
02-02-16, 18:12
I have three of these and mine are lymph nodes. I have had them for about 3 years, they never seem to go down or change. The doctor said they are harmless and a lot of people have them. I made mine worse by faffing about with them.

GingerFish
02-02-16, 18:24
I have one exactly like that a little below my ear, nearer my jaw bone and my mum has one directly behind her ear. Ours are half way between the size of a big pea and a malteaser and are both hard like bone. We both have had them for years - hers came up about 10 years ago and mine two years ago we were told they were shotty lymph nodes from previous infections. We both panicked like hell when we first discovered them too. They seem to be very common in that location.

almamatters
02-02-16, 18:30
Yes I panicked when I found mine, they were classed as reactive nodes but not reacting to anything in particular. They are common round that area, my doctor said that people can have them all their life and never even notice them, it's the prodding and touching which makes them red and sore.

HopelessWorrier2011
02-02-16, 20:15
Thank you you kind kind people, you have eased my mind (well as much as a health anxieties mind can be eased). I did have a bout of flu over Christmas, maybe it's been there since then and I haven't noticed it. I will keep an eye on it xx

---------- Post added at 20:15 ---------- Previous post was at 20:12 ----------

I used to get what felt like tiny pea sized lump on my skull bone behind ear but mine was def a lymph node as it would stay about 2 weeks then go away. Never knew why and I always got to the point of thinking I will go to Dr when it disappeared. I had it a couple of times a year for a few years then never again.

Have you felt same area on other side of your head because if you have something similar then its just normal biology.

Thank you for your response, I have felt the other side and it's flat with no lump. It's not very big but very prominent x