PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety or stomach issues. Your help please.

Speedyg
02-02-16, 18:33
Hi, I'm new to this forum and wondered if I could get some guidance.
For around 26 days now I've been experiencing stomach gurgling (mainly on my left side) wind (both ends) nausea sometimes, which had left me and GPs baffled. I've had blood and stool tests, all fine, and even been to see some bonkers woman with a Vega Machine for allergies. I was baffled.
Then I linked my symptoms to possible stress and anxiety.
I sleep fine at night and the stomach problems don't wake me up. When I do wake up they start the grumbling. The morning is then fine and comes back in the afternoon and evening. I've also been getting muscle twitches in my legs, arms, stomach area and some tightness in the chest. When this started I also felt dizzy and headaches and a bit distant. Tingling in my feet started and tightness of my temples. When I do things and occupy myself they don't happen or as much, but when I worry it seems to get worse.
Are these common anxiety symptoms? I've recently split with my bf as he's going back home to South Africa as his mum is extremely ill, plus work (NHS) has been pressurised.

cincynick
04-02-16, 20:34
what you're describing are classical symptoms for generalized anxiety - gi issues, muscle issues (this is from the tension you're carrying) - all of which have likely been brought on by the stress you're experiencing in your life. there is nothing wrong with you :)

Speedyg
05-02-16, 11:49
Thank you for your response.
I have had all my test results back now and i am medically well.
I must admit, the more i occupy and do things, the symptoms subside. In fact, since Sunday, i have found i have improved a lot and hopefully i'm getting back on track. Will keep you informed....

nataliejosephine
05-02-16, 11:51
Sounds like it's anxiety.
I feel nauseous in the stomache, like I need to eat and it's mainly before bed or with just general anxiety. No "cure" except for working on your anxiety I'm afraid, though sometime a hot water bottle can help relax it ^_^