PDA

View Full Version : Constantly anxious at work, around manager etc

elibabez
02-02-16, 18:41
I am constantly worried about being sacked, for no reason
i get along with the manager yet im constantly paranoid about being sacked or something

I cant stand it, on my off days im so anxious, and finally when im back in, i always get relief when the manager is talking to me so i know he isnt angry or sacking me

And then ill have a normal few days till i get paranoid again :(

i hate it :(
help please :(

Chocolateface
02-02-16, 22:30
Hi
If it is any consolation I feel the same. What I am doing to help deal with this is note all the things I do well and note things other people in my team or my manager doesn't do well, then compare the two. I have also talked to others who I know need to rant occasionally and know it is not just me feeling the way I do.
It is hard but each day just doing this becomes more manageable
Do your best and try to go above and you will be fine
Clare

Tyke
02-02-16, 23:44
I know this feeling, but generally find the longer I've been in the job the easier it becomes and the feeling lessens. I still feel a certain amount of terror if the boss asks to see me and am always relieved when it turns out to be something trivial. I am a nervous wreck when starting any job and always imagine the worst for a few months. Try and remember the things you do well and any positive comments that you have received. As Clare says, always do your best so that you know you are an asset to your employer. If you can feel a bit more confident about what you've achieved at work it should help.

Tyke :)

elibabez
03-02-16, 10:38
thanks for the replies
i have been there 6 months now
so i am hardly new
but like, my last shift was last friday,
and im back in tomorrow
so im paranoid as heck the last few days that maybe something may have come up and the manager is angry and will sack me

i mean, i always give it my all, turn up on time, try my best and smile at the customers

so its not like i am doing anything wrong or something

MyNameIsTerry
04-02-16, 07:27
Is this that manager that was giving you problem? (have a remembered that right? The guy from the other place who treated you badly?)