PDA

View Full Version : Lightheaded/dizzy all the time

megs18
02-02-16, 19:37
Hi, I am a 20 year old woman and for the past few days I have felt constantly lightheaded/dizzy. I have also had blurry vision, occasional eye floaters, and weak feeling feet and legs.

It started a few days ago with seemingly no trigger and so I went home to lay down and drank some apple juice and ate a sandwich. This didn't help at all. The lightheadedness is constant and occasionally I'll feel really dizzy like the world is spinning, but this goes away after a few minutes.

I just got back from the doctor's who couldn't figure it out. She did a neurological exam, took blood pressure, did an EKG and tested glucose levels in my blood to see if I was diabetic. All the tests came back normal. She said if I still felt like this to come back in two days.

I've been drinking plenty of water, eating well, and sleeping fine. What can I do to make this go away?! I don't even feel very anxious so it's hard for me to believe it's anxiety.

I got an MRI that came back normal in August so I don't think it can be anything brain-related (hopefully).

megs18
03-02-16, 22:56
Someone please help :(

SB78
04-02-16, 06:34
this is a very typical physical symptom of anxiety and one that I have battled through before. It is also very typical for people with anxiety to worry that it is a brain related issue, like a brain tumor. You'll be fine, I think most of it is perception rather than the reality.

megs18
04-02-16, 17:20
How can I feel like this all the time though? Even when I don't feel anxious?

Carnation
04-02-16, 17:43
Hi megs18.

I am currently going through a relapse and what you are experiencing is high anxiety. I had it when I had a breakdown and I am having it again now.
It also seems to come more when you are just relaxing. It is the sub-conscious mind doing this. Things that may be buried at the back of your mind, worries, stress, problems, over-thinking.
Normally time will improve this with the help of relaxation, good diet, plenty of sleep and eliminating any extra stress, but sometimes you need more help, like a therapist, meditation, CBT, change of routine and scenery.
The most important thing to remember is that it can not harm you and it is anxiety doing this.
You are not alone. :hugs:

cincynick
04-02-16, 20:37
i'll be walking and BOOM - I feel like im going to fall over because I'm so dizzy. Like I need to hold on to something. It can really **** up a nice day, but I've learned that this is one of the physical symptoms of anxiety - maybe it's my body's way of telling my brain to **** off - but regardless, I know I'm good. Hang in there, I know it can be scary, but it sounds to me that you're hypersensitive to it which will potentially bring it on as well.

SB78
04-02-16, 21:47
i'll be walking and BOOM - I feel like im going to fall over because I'm so dizzy. Like I need to hold on to something. It can really **** up a nice day, but I've learned that this is one of the physical symptoms of anxiety - maybe it's my body's way of telling my brain to **** off - but regardless, I know I'm good. Hang in there, I know it can be scary, but it sounds to me that you're hypersensitive to it which will potentially bring it on as well.

Exactly! For me, when I feel as though I need to hold on to something it drives the anxiety back up again because you are thinking about what has just happened and whether there is something seriously wrong with you!

nataliejosephine
05-02-16, 11:46
It's most likely the anxiety on its own, or it could possibly be lack of iron?
I'm slightly anaemic and so when anxiety is a daily thing, my body not only feels the strain from that, it's also a double whammy from being anaemic. I went through so many thoughts of what it could be, but in the end I started to take iron vitamins, walk slowly and in general move around with more care. I found lying down and resting was the biggest no no, because I'd get more and more dizzy as I'd get up, and then anytime I sat down I couldn't focus anymore.

So my advice is to look at taking iron supplements, take things more slowly and don't laze around when you feel that tiredness... have a small nap but don't go overboard.
The reason we're more tired from anxiety is because we're constantly tense, and our heart is all over the place, that with lack of iron means you muscles aren't getting the oxygen it needs and so you become more dizzy and exhausted. Hope it helps!

androidz
05-02-16, 21:18
After months of being normal and having 0 symptoms, I'm 1 week in with constant light headedness just like you. It sucks, but trust me, this is clearly an anxiety symptom. It can last anything from 1 week to more than 1 month if you're unlucky enough.

And yes, I went for a routine blood test 1 week ago and it was normal. My blood pressure was a bit wonky a few days ago but is now normal too. I'm 25 and healthy, there's literally no condition that can cause this to us except for anxiety.

So just hang in there and it will eventually go on its own. It might take a while though, it sucks but it is what it is.

EDIT: My dizziness is now fading away, which means I managed to fend off this anxiety bout in less than a week. I'm quite proud of myself, my bouts used to last months and now they're only days. I'm sure soon I'll have no bouts anymore. I wish you luck too, hope you're feeling better!