PDA

View Full Version : Forum Bullying

robinsky
02-02-16, 22:56
Hello,

Its been a long while since I've been here but I just wanted some advice as to whether or not I've done the right thing.

I play an online game with lots of other players yet there are the odd few who are seriously unpleasant and on occasion, they make some very hurtful remarks and it happened again tonight.

Furthermore, I deliberated as to whether or not blocking them was a good idea as it might cause more friction on the forum but this is a hobby of mine so I decided to do it.

However, this particular game is the subject of conventions across the country and I'd love to attend (I did three years ago) but I am seriously concerned about meeting these people at the conventions as they are really repulsive to me online and I am fed up of being called by my surname as well. I know some do it in jest but I don't understand where all the potential dislike has come from and I would apologise if I deliberately upset anyone but it just doesn't seem anyone would be interested.

I recently paid for a new subscription but I am beginning to regret it as the experience is getting me down now and don't feel I really have a great deal of support anymore on the forum in question, which is a shame.

Should I cut my losses and leave the forum? I am so fed up with it and its making me upset. I don't want to report the bullying as that'd make me look bad and cause even more friction and what makes me irked also is on the front page is there is a section to welcome new members and I feel like I add nothing to the community now due to the nature of the majority of the other people.

Advice please? I got bullied in college and I think its filtered into my adult life and have social issues.

Thanks

js1803
03-02-16, 08:28
Don't give some one across the country this much thought. People are different online.

If some one gives you a hard time... block them, report them if you think it's necessary, and don't give it another thought. Report them even. Don't let internet forums/people upset you otherwise you're giving power to that person over you.