PDA

View Full Version : Weight Loss & HA

Harry_r_smith123
03-02-16, 11:51
Hi,
I have had a severe case of health anxiety for around 1 year now and had every symptom under the sun. Like most of you the doctor has rules out most of the serious illnesses with a number of tests.

I have tried CBT to reduce the anxiety however it unfortunately didn’t work for me, so I recently decided to give hypnosis a try. I have to say, following the treatment, I have never felt better, my anxiety has almost disappeared over night, and I feel like I have a life back althought I know there is probably still a long way to go before I am fully back to normal.

My questions is: Over the course of my health anxiety I have lost just over 2 stone in weight. Does anyone have any stories of how long it took take recover weight loss after anxiety levels have dropped back to almost normal?

Many thanks,
Harry

dizzy daisy
03-02-16, 20:02
Hi
Glad to hear you're on the mend now. I had some weight loss due to poor appetite and nausea a few months back. Once I started to get my appetite back it didn't take long to gain the weight back at all. You just have to let your body adjust again to eating properly. Good luck with it all

Anxiouscow
03-02-16, 20:09
Was your weight loss due to lack of appetite?

Harry_r_smith123
03-02-16, 20:27
Hi, no I dont believe it was to do with eating, maybe more to do with my body running at 100% all of the time.