PDA

View Full Version : Head rush/clogged ears feeling after driving??

anxious_thoughts
03-02-16, 15:46
Hi guys,

I'm am currently in anxiety mode :(
On Saturday I drove for about 25 minutes. I got out of my car and started walking towards my front door when all of the sudden I could feel my ears getting clogged and I got this weird head rush/dizzy sensation out of nowhere. I did not get out of the car very fast either.

Then Sunday I drove for about 15 minutes and the same thing happened but not as severe. In about half and hour I have to drive downtown which is an hour drive and I am completely terrified of this happening. :(

I thought it was some sort of inner ear infection but my ears don't really hurt unless I pay attention to it. So I don't know what to do. I haven't driven since Sunday night because of my fear. :(

---------- Post added at 10:46 ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 ----------

And this ONLY happens when I'm driving the vehicle. But if I sit in the passenger seat the symptoms don't happen.

NessMonster
03-02-16, 19:39
I would still the doctor to check if you have an infection or something going on with your ears. It sounds like the change in pressure is effecting your balance.

I had a ear infection last week and one ear was completely blocked. For over a week I could hear nothing out of it except for twice when it popped. Both times happened whilst I was driving.

Before you see your doctor, try and reassure yourself that whilst you're driving everything is fine. Afterwards, try not to rush, go slowly and wait for the vertigo (?) feeling to pass. Does the feeling last long?

anxious_thoughts
04-02-16, 14:41
Hi Ness

Thank you for replying. You know what's funny? Yesterday I forced myself to go on a long drive and guess what? It DIDNT happen! It might of been a slight ear infection though because my left ear doesn't feel sore anymore.

The feeling doesn't last long at all but of course it feels like it does. Probably 8-10 seconds

NessMonster
04-02-16, 20:47
I'm glad to hear that you went out on that drive and that proved to yourself that you could.

Hopefully if it was an infection, your body has done what its needed to do in order to fight it off.

I know what you mean when you says it feels as though it lasts longer, it's not a great feeling. Try remind yourself that it passes though and in a short amount of time.