PDA

View Full Version : Should I feel more reassured?

citygirl1
03-02-16, 18:43
Maybe not the best question for this particular forum, as reassurance is something the majority of us seem to struggle with. But will ask anyway.

For around 3 years I have had a dull pain in my upper right abdomen. The pain seems to get worse after alcohol. Like many things I suppose. Anyway about 2 years ago I got an MRI and CT of my abdomen, and the only thing it found was a cyst and bruised stomach muscles. My organs were normal.

Recently the pain has been on and off again, I've been tired, and really I've been getting myself in a state convincing myself I have something like cirrhosis or hepatitis. I got some bloods done including liver function tests, and the doc has said they were fine but my iron and vitamin d were low. That was probably why I was so tired. She has given me 3 months of supplements to take and see if things improve. She also had a feel around my tummy and back, she said it did feel a bit tender but thinks it's most probably muscular. She is sending me for a chest x ray and an ultrasound. So should I feel a bit more reassured with that? The tiredness I can put up with, but the pain I feel really doesn't feel muscular, more like a throbbing, toothache type pain.

Talk about being paranoid :ohmy:

NessMonster
03-02-16, 19:34
I think it is something to feel reassured about. In her experience, she is saying it is muscular pain but at the same time but she is doing some extra tests to confirm her theory. Muscular pain can be really deceptive, I get it quite badly in my chest, not good with the whole heart anxiety thing but logically I talk myself through it and know that it is purely muscular, even when it doesn't feel like it.

If it was something like cirrhosis or hep c then it would have shown up in your bloods so try to find some reassurance in that.

citygirl1
03-02-16, 19:52
Thanks for replying Ness Minster. I tell myself that about bloods then haunt myself with Posts I see on Dr Google that says sometimes blood tests miss certain things. I seem to go through bouts of anxiety like this when I'm really stressed.

WorryWortAgain
03-02-16, 22:20
It's probably muscular. I have an area in my upper right abdomen that's like that.

citygirl1
04-02-16, 10:57
I'm hoping so. I just thought a muscular problem would clear up after a length of time. Seems to be persistent.

NessMonster
04-02-16, 20:49
Not necessarily. If they are healing then they're going to be in weakened state and more prone to further damage.

citygirl1
04-02-16, 22:02
Just had a bath there and can actually feel a tender bit when I press a couple of fingers into the right side of tummy. Feels quite lumpy and grisly.