PDA

View Full Version : Health

Emma1027
03-02-16, 21:23
I am worried about my finances while being unwell. For a while I've managed to work part time which has really helped me reduce stress but my sick note for my other job runs out in a few weeks time. Has anyone been in a similar situation or could give me some advice on this ? My energy's low and I am suffering with depression. The past months I've lost a lot of weight, not slept, had panic attacks ect. It's Been week after week of illnesses.

NoPoet
09-03-16, 22:23
I'm in a similar boat. It's one of many things I'm trying to fix.

The only real suggestion is to find a job you like. There isn't much support for people who are already in work. I'd consider speaking to a company which deals with volunteer roles. You won't get paid, but you do as much or as little as you want, it goes on your CV, you can chop and change where you work at any time and it may lead to a permanent job with someone. You can start very quickly and can do this while off sick from somewhere else. It'll be a hopefully decent series of new experiences and you may make new friends.

If you're getting ill all the time, stress is probably behind it. Figure out what's at the root of it all. If you need support doing this, you can call the Samaritans (they can't advise you but they will listen as you vent your feelings), or speak to a therapist if you've got one. Don't feel you need to face it all alone as you don't.