PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Australia

SB78
04-02-16, 01:58
Aarrrggggghhhhh Anxiety!!

I am a fit 37 year old male that has 'officially' been struggling with anxiety for 18 months however on reflection, it has always been simmering in the background since my mid 20's.

Everything really kicked off for me when I had a fully fledged panic attack in a bus and had to get off. This incident followed with extremely heightened anxiety whilst driving my car and most generally, being around people. I guess it was a mild case of agoraphobia following the panic attack.

I seemed to have recovered from the initial panic attack but deal with the daily affects of anxiety, particularly when at work. Usual symptoms for me include a foggy mind and the perception that I am dizzy and unstable on my feet, particularly when other people are around. When I am by myself, I am fine.

Anxiety, or highly strung people that keep all their stresses internal, runs through my family - probably on both sides. Anxiety is a daily grind for me with peaks and troughs, I am going through a bit of a peak at the moment.

Does anybody else stress themselves out by thinking too far ahead in life? I do, it is a big problem of mine. I go through bouts of thinking I have more serious health issues but this usually passes and is a primary driver of my anxiety.

Peace to all!

venusbluejeans
04-02-16, 02:04
Hiya SB78 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Arietis
04-02-16, 10:08
Welcome!

tAyhea
05-02-16, 16:04
Yep! Your story mirrors mine almost exactly!