PDA

View Full Version : Advice

Emma1027
04-02-16, 10:31
Has anyone gone part time because of poor health ? I am thinking on the lines of finances, effects on relationships because of this and how it's benefited you.

uru
04-02-16, 11:27
I'm thinking of changing jobs. Lower paid but less responsibility.

Arietis
04-02-16, 11:29
I'm also thinking of changing jobs, I cant afford to only work part time, but a full time job with less stress would be a great help. My current job of 4+years has caused me so much stress I need to escape.

almamatters
04-02-16, 11:32
Hi Emma, I went part time due to anxiety issues and to be honest I couldn't cope with it. Financially it made a big difference and i had far too much time on my hands to sit and worry. My job can be stressful , but personally I need distraction so it suits me. It depends on your health worries I suppose, if you cannot physically or mentally manage full time then it might be worth consideration. Take care .

Emma1027
04-02-16, 11:58
Thank you everyone for your advice. The problem seems to be that one job causes a lot of stress which makes me really ill. I've had this a few times now and the only way to reduce the stress seems to be away from that job. I've been ill now since before Xmas and previously had work related stress in the past.