PDA

View Full Version : Symptoms that come and go?

LilGsMama
04-02-16, 20:19
I've had sinus problems on and off for over a year. Last December my tinnitus started, followed by various ear issues.. pain/itch, pains in face, nose, headaches, neck ache, globus etc. I've had several blood tests, CT of head, MRI of brain, head, neck and cervical spine, cognitive tests, eye tests, ear tests, ear pressure tests.

Everything has come back clear and normal. ENT said that there is no sign of sinusitis. The only thing they have found is that my hearing in my left ear has deteriorated (I was first diagnosed with high frequency loss in this ear in 2007) and I am waiting for a little hearing aid to help with this and the hissing in my ear.

Generally my symptoms have come and gone, and bar the tinnitus in my left ear and clicking in my ears, plus a bit of post nasal drip, I don't currently have any of the symptoms which have scared me to death for the past 2 months. I get the occasional headache sometimes.

I am in a better place than I was a month ago but I am still convinced that something has been missed and that there is something wrong round my ear/nasal passage. I know that things around there are extremely rare, but I am still going through horrible downers at the thought of it. The tinnitus is a reminder that all is not as it was and I can't accept what I've been told.

Does anyone else have symptoms that come and go? Any advice would be extremely welcome, I can't get through to myself!!

Thanks

:unsure::unsure:

---------- Post added at 20:19 ---------- Previous post was at 16:57 ----------

Anyone? :yesyes:

Randara
04-02-16, 22:07
Hiya :) you know from our messages that I've been going through a similar thing. My symptoms come and go too, which is scary but I do know that this doesn't tend to happen with more serious illnesses.

I'm getting my blood test results back on Monday and seeing ENT so hoping all is ok. I'm glad yours turned out fine!

LilGsMama
05-02-16, 09:34
Am seriously thinking of being completely straight with the ENT next month and telling him straight what I'm convinced I have. I can't keep dragging it out, it's ridiculous!

Hi Randa.. keep us posted on how you get one next week, be nice for you to get an answer! x

---------- Post added at 09:34 ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 ----------

When I'm in one of my better frames of mind, I could seriously kick my own ar$e for doubting everything, but when I'm in a downer I can't see around the facts :o

Blonde123
05-02-16, 10:30
Kick your arse littlegsmama! Haha I'm the same as you. When I feel symptom free I'm like ha what illness, then when it starts I'm on a massive downer and think what if etc... Like you I can't accept that even though these head pains come and go, and so many other people on here have something similar, I can't shake the feeling that there's something wrong. I think it's just not normal to have these symptoms even though they come and go. Like randara said serious stuff doesn't come and go it gets worse as time goes on and other symptoms usually occur as well. It's like a vicious circle, am I anxious because of these pains or are the pains causing my anxiety?

LilGsMama
05-02-16, 10:49
It sounds absolutely mad doesn't it! :doh:

My current train of thought is "what if the initial pain/symptoms was the illness "bedding in" and now it's just growing quietly"??

My imagination has no limits!! I definitely need to kick my own arse! xx

Blonde123
05-02-16, 11:00
Snap! Omg, that's exactly what I think. It's growing slowly and when it has a growth spurt I get pains.

LilGsMama
05-02-16, 12:17
Ha! I thought I was the only one who did that! Symptoms switching sides is another one of mine! X

Randara
12-02-16, 20:47
Hiya :) I hope you're doing ok!

Everything was fine at my ENT appointment and all my blood tests came back clear. I've been taking omeprazole twice a day and my post nasal drip is almost gone and my ear is unblocking. I'm generally feeling way better, very positive and barely anxious.

I know you'll be fine! I hope you're feeling better and enjoy the weekend :) x

LilGsMama
12-02-16, 21:00
That is brilliant Randara! Is the PND and ear clearing on it's own then? So glad everything came back OK for you! :yahoo: :yahoo:

Got my little hearing aid yesterday, jury is still out on that one! Back at ENT on 15th March xxx :)

Randara
12-02-16, 22:40
I think it's because I've been taking more omeprazole. The ENT doctor said he could see signs that I had silent reflux. I'm waiting for a hearing test too, and an ultrasound on my neck lymph glands but he said he thinks the nodes are reactive.

I hope it goes well at ENT, I know it's hard to believe but these things seem to be so common and the right medication can make it so much better!

Did you have the camera up your nose when you went to ENT? I did, was so unpleasant haha!!!

LilGsMama
13-02-16, 09:05
I didn't! I'm in a minority as most people seem to be it on their first visit! Did get my hearing test though.

Glad the omeprazole is working. Many of our patients find it really effective.

Let me know how you get on! X

:yesyes: