PDA

View Full Version : been taking the wrong dose of my meds by mistake

gregcool
04-02-16, 22:31
Very angry.because it took me 3 months to drop twice in olanzipine to my current dose..but the last 5 days or more iv felt more hungry and tired all day.tonight i took my reduced dose of olanzipine and discovered after taking it that iv been taking a 5mg pill without knowing for 5 days might even of been longer which will explain my incresed apitite and tirdness all day...so as from tom night will go back to my redused dose..and hope i dont get any incresed anxiety from this.hope my brain can handle this messing around with the wrong dose then droping it by half again....any advice

MyNameIsTerry
05-02-16, 04:40
How did that happen, Greg? Did they prescribe you 5mg when you wanted 2.5mg?

No wonder you were feeling life crap. That med, at 5mg, has obviously been making you worse for some time so it will only do it again but this may be a positive thing because you now know why you have felt so bad and can get back to how you were in December? Have you been taking it all that time?

gregcool
05-02-16, 07:02
Hi terry..i think iv been taking the 5mg for a couple of weeks..i keep my meds in a draw in the kitchen...i take one strip out of the box and leave that strip in the draw.they are in a silver foiled blister pack...but when i took one ladt night and swalowed it i rem seeing 5mg on the blister..what has happend is iv left my old blister pack of 5mg in the draw and once finished my last 2.5 mg blister,by mistake iv started on the old 5mg pack.

MyNameIsTerry
05-02-16, 07:24
Ah right. It's good news though in a way as at least you have an answer and something you can fix.

With it only being a couple of weeks it won't be like coming down after years on either and it's not like it's had much time to stabilise at the new dose anyway. It's probably "steady-state" in your blood but meds tend to take longer to build up their effects anyway, it's not all about blood plasma levels with these things so I wouldn't worry and just see what happens.

If you feel a lot worse dropping back down to 2.5mg, you could try a taper again and I bet it won't need a lengthy piece of work like you have done so far. Hopefully it won't matter and you can just drop back down.

gregcool
05-02-16, 07:31
Thanks for that terry.i just cant think if its been one or two weeks on 5mg..may only be a week just dont know.im going to go straght on 2.5mg tonight and see how that goes...no wonder my hunger has increased this last week...cheers mate...hope all is well with you

MyNameIsTerry
05-02-16, 07:46
Yeah, I bet you've been like Pac Man! :biggrin: You wouldn't have been happy posting about going up a jeans size mate!

I'm ok, just the usual stuff with the fatigue really but feeling a bit more with it the last couple of days. It comes & goes through the day and then I wake up later on.

gregcool
05-02-16, 07:50
Pack man.lol...yea i have.but havnt gone up in weight..im still 12st 10..still 2stone 3lb weight lose...good to hear your doing ok mate..i know you suffer with your fatigue shame this keeps dragging on for you mate,is there not snything at all you can take to help with this

MyNameIsTerry
05-02-16, 08:05
Yeah, there are some natural things I can try. I've bought a couple of things and I'm making mine own pills now. Just had to order a smaller capsule machine though as the capsules seem to be holding more than I thought and I don't want to try new supplements at higher levels in case they have a negative effect.

I think Winter tends to add on for me though too, so it's probably a bit of that. It's not a sunlight issue, I don't get much anyway but probably the gloom of this time of year, it kind of just gets to you and you want to do less. A nice bit of summer and it will hopefully get blasted away!

gregcool
05-02-16, 08:10
Thats good you are making your own meds mate..never heard of that before.you obiously know what you are doing..i agree with you about this time of year getting you down..i suffer with SAD to and think many people do..look on the bright side mate..its spring next month clocks go forward thats latter lighter nights and gets lighter a bit each week..nothing beats those lovely sunny days when you can go out for a walk and feel the sun beating down on our body.no more coats jumpers..t shirt weather..wont be long mate and before you know it,we will be complaining its to hot.

MyNameIsTerry
05-02-16, 08:27
Yeah, that's true. No more moaning about the cold. :biggrin:

It's certainly true that you just feel different in those seasons. The fatigue issue got worth a couple of years ago at Xmas but then went but it lingered last year so I've got to expect it will be a bit worse this time around. Just got to find ways around it though and see what happens. At worst, I heads to the docs.

Yeah, I didn't know about making them up either but just came across one of the machines you can buy. I had a look into it all and found that the supplements I buy cost much more in pills/capsules due to the extra manufacturing and the fillers & binders they add. It's actually saving me a fair bit of cash each year and that's with having to buy the machines and they are £20 each (I've got two sizes). Powder forms are far cheaper but the empty capsules are mega cheap so once you've bought the machines it gets cheaper year on year. I thought I was getting a good deal on the cheap supplements I buy as I do a lot of looking around and comparing by bunging it all into a spreadsheet to work out the cost per pill. It's saving me hundreds a year with the pill machines. I couldn't believe it.