PDA

View Full Version : chronic palpitation/adrealine spike/anxiety?(HELP!)

scorpion91
05-02-16, 02:17
I don't know what's been going on with me but it's been freaking me out the past few days.

I've been having some weird "anxiety/adrealine spikes" that keep coming and going.

I describe these "anxiety/adrealine spikes" as head rush, palpitations, blood rush on the right side of my neck. feeling of head pressure, blood pressure flucating sensation, lightheaded, slight dizzy feeling, feeling rapid heart rate.

I've been in the hospital two times(2/1 2/2) and was just diagnosed with unspecificed tachy and panic attack. My blood work came up good, EKG showed tachy but it wasn't life threatening. The second time I was there at the ER I was given a Xanax to calm me down and I went on my way.

I still have the same symtpoms somewhat since 2/2 despite the Xanax.

I do take meds to help me with my anxiety but they barely do much.

I did take hydrozine 25mg but it stopped working and the ER docs thought it was causing the problem

I take mirtazapine(15mg) 2x. I feel like it works maybe 2 hours at the most at times. Maybe 3 hours if lucky.

Then I get these episodes.

I don't know what is causing these symptoms or not but I feel scared.

I don't know if it's related or not but I did have a BJJ grappling with a friend on early Saturday morning. I was sore a bit the whole day a few days. I don't think there is any real damage to me from that. I thought I had stretched the right side of my neck veins from that, but an ER doc did an ultra sound but it came back good.

I don't know what's causing the palpitations, the random blood pressure spikes, the racing heart rate, tightness of right side of neck, head pressure, the warm sensation, the brief fatigue, the brain fog. It's freaking me out.

I feel like part of it is mental because these symptoms flare up in large areas with people and cramped areas like a room. I get some relief in open areas(outside/outdoors/open outside areas). Like some noise sensitivity or spatial sensitivity I feel is happening to me.

I'm unsure if the BJJ grappling caused any damage to me aside from soreness. I didn't pass out from the grappling and had no major injuries to best of my knowledge. I hope it's not the cause.

I feel like I'm scared somewhat because I've gone to the hospital but I still feel these symptoms.

I don't know my mirtazpine isn't working much because I still feel these symptoms.

What's going on with me. I just feel scared. Can someone reassure that everything will be okay???

Xtrastrongbint
05-02-16, 23:46
Hi! Everything you describe sounds like the effects of adrenaline and panic attacks. If you can go and see a doctor and explain the symptoms and that your meds are not working they will try a different treatment for you. I promise you will be okay..it's panic...and that cannot hurt you...:hugs: