PDA

View Full Version : Brain,vision, and pain? neurological? Thoughts?

somdayillbeok
05-02-16, 07:45
Okay, so to start. My vision has been messed up for awhile now. But only if I do one thing. If I stare directly into the mirror and turn my head right or left I see this black deformation in the corner of my eye. But it worries me because on my right it's in my right corner on peripheral vision. But in my left eye it's also in my right corner peripheral vision. Also I keep getting these weird burning sensations in my skin. Almost like someone put out a cigarette on my skin. Or I'll get this sharp prickling in my arm pits.

I plan on visiting the doctor. It just makes me worried...

Any thoughts? Anyone have same issue?

Broomers
13-02-16, 22:27
Hi somedayillbeok
I also get burning sensations on my skin, in random spots & it stings sometimes. The sensation can be cold to like drops of water. I spoke to my doctor as I have been experiencing other symptoms to, he didn't seem overly bothered about these sensations & when I asked if it is normal his reply was "it can be" was wondering if you did consult your doc & what he said?

turboswag
31-03-16, 19:18
I'm not sure about the other things, but the vision problem your having is called pressure phosphenes. They happen when you apply pressure to your eyes which sort of distorts the shape a bit, like when you rub your eyes and sometimes see starts or little blobs of light/dark?

Yeah, it's normal. You can get them from moving your eyes too quickly one way or another, too, or from looking all the way to one side without moving your head. Don't worry about these, they're harmless and won't hurt you at all :)

AdamE
03-04-16, 00:54
I had this before too. But I found out it was because of the sunlamp I was using. My vitamin D is low so if I'm hanging out on the computer I had that on. After about a half hour of getting some natural vitamin d I decided to go for a walk. If I looked to the side I got the black too. It went away though and came back when I used the lamp again. I wear sunglasses now in the house with the lamp on, lmao.