PDA

View Full Version : Lung Cancer fear...help, really scared

ScarletSpeedster
05-02-16, 13:32
Hey guys.

Well I am back. This time I have an insane fear of Lung Cancer, and it is darkening every single day with worry and anxiety once more.

I am a twenty-one year old woman - I have never smoked, am teetotal, and have a generally healthy diet. BUT I do have rather severe anxiety, and it really makes me think very irrationally about my health.

Currently for the past three months I have had this feeling in the centre on my chest (between the breasts) that there is a constant pressure, or bubble there. My breathing does get panicked at times, and other times I have to monitor how I breathe as I am not breathing 'properly'. Well, now I think my asthma has been playing up a little, and my chest and back feel slightly tight and I can feel at certain times during the day that the feeling in my chest is making it harder for me to breathe. I am tired a lot now too, because my sleeping has been so interrupted with anxiety etc.

I went to my doctors surgery about...2 months ago, and the doctor tested my heart and to see if my lungs were blocked of anything to do with a blockage of problem, and besides a heart murmur (which has been sorted), she said everything seemed fine.

BUT NOW, here I am again with a constant, debilitating fear that I now have lung cancer because of the feeling in my chest, and my slight breathing issues. I have almost convinced myself AGAIN that I am ill.

Any help would be greatly appreciated guys.

Any advice or support?