PDA

View Full Version : stomach cancer fears

healthnut100
05-02-16, 14:18
hey, i'm new to this website but I am finding it very helpful. Since christmas I have been worried about having stomach cancer. I haven't been eating very well and feel quite gassy, I've been burping a lot. I haven't had any pain or heartburn, or black stools, but I'm terrified of having stomach cancer and dying of it :(

I've been to the doctors twice and I have been examined twice, two doctors have said there is no lumpiness or tenderness in my abdomen. I am waiting for the results of a stool sample which is looking for h.pylori bacteria but the doctor says there is no need to look for anything else at this time. He prescribed me fluoxetine for anxiety and omeprazole for the indigestion. I'm still worried as I have not been eating properly and feel slightly nauseous before and after eating, however I am not being sick.

does this sound like stomach cancer? anxiety or somehting else?

WorryWortAgain
05-02-16, 17:55
No, it doesn't sound anything like stomach cancer. Take the Prozac and you'll stop obsessing. Keep in mind that Prozac MAY take away your appetite but it's only temporary.

Melon951
06-02-16, 20:28
This sounds like you have reflux or gastritis, I suffer from both and take omeprazole on and off. The omeprazole is to help you stomach heal by reducing the acid, you should feel better in a few days.