PDA

View Full Version : HIV

KaylaS
05-02-16, 16:23
So basically I'm worried I have HIV. No reason really, nothing that happened triggered it. I've been with the same guy for almost a year now. When we first started dating I got the tests done, all the STD ones and HIV and everything came back negative. I know that I hadn't slept with anyone but him for at least three months prior to that test. Really the only thing going through my head is "what if the test was wrong". I should also mention I've had blood tests twice in the past four months to check out my levels of blood cells, etc , checking for thyroid, heart issues, diabetes, etc. Those blood test came back completely in range. I just can't seem to convince my brain that these are good enough :weep:

Lifelonganxiety!
05-02-16, 17:30
Modern HIV tests are incredibly accurate. If you were tested negative, and are in a committed relationship with a clean partner and don't engage in risky behavior like sharing needles then you have nothing to worry about.

Your test was negative and you don't expose yourself to risk, you have to trust that you don't have HIV!

nirvanainchains
06-02-16, 00:16
Why would you worry if you haven’t been having unprotected sex with multiple males? Or if you haven’t done any needle poking like that of heroin users or haven’t done any blood transfusion. Brush it away because it’s too senseless to worry about HIV if the test came back negative. Move on.

KaylaS
08-02-16, 21:23
Thank you for your replies. I have been able to get a better control on this. I don't do drugs, I had been sleeping with a few men unprotected, but hadn't done that for over four months prior to that test. My usual worries are just that tests are wrong, and my biggest worry was that even though I had the test during our relationship it had been wrong and I had somehow given him something.