PDA

View Full Version : Whereabouts on your head do you get headaches??

LilGsMama
05-02-16, 18:53
I usually have them round the front but during this bout of HA I've had them at the back, round my sinuses and around my ears!

Where abouts do yours usually happen?

Arietis
05-02-16, 19:09
I normally get them sort of all over but Ive had them behind my right eye and at the back of my head lately

LilGsMama
05-02-16, 19:21
Mine are on a tour of my head Arietis! Had behind the eye ones a couple of months back too x

Blonde123
05-02-16, 19:33
Left side around the ear and towards the middle. This prob makes no sense haha

LilGsMama
05-02-16, 19:34
Middle front or middle back? :o

Blonde123
05-02-16, 20:40
Left side, stabbing pains at the top to the bottom but not past the middle (length ways) of my head. X

Sparkling_Fairy
05-02-16, 22:04
As a longtime sufferer of chronic migraines, I can tell you that behind the eye and on one side of your head, but not past the middle to the other side, is usually a migraine.

My migraines always start the same. Pain behind my eye, then it pulls over one half of my head to the back and stays there.
Thank God for prescription drugs ;) I used to be in bed for 3 days every other week

artist12
05-02-16, 22:38
Either a on both sides around the eyebrows (common headache)

If not that, only ever on the right side, up the back of my head and hooking around the right eye - my right sinus, eye socket and eyebrow will hurt. I was diagnosed with cluster headaches around age 13, assuming that's what these are.

LilGsMama
06-02-16, 13:04
Not sure if my "back of the head" ones are actually neck ache! :unsure:

Ditapage
07-02-16, 03:58
Back of the head
Top right side of head
I had never heard anyone else say they get a headache behind the ear before - so do I. It's like all around my ear, on the right side. Sometimes the ache moves to above the ear and in temple. All on the right hand side. Not really pain so much as a dull pressure. The only throbbing painful headaches I get are classic sinus. Forehead and face pain. i don't even know what the rest of my headaches are called. They're not as painful as migraines but they're awful. Then I read that migraines don't have to be particularly painful. All I know is the pressure sonetimes has me eating ibuprofen like lollies. I'm grateful for every day that I don't take a painkiller.

LilGsMama
07-02-16, 13:29
Back of the head
Top right side of head
I had never heard anyone else say they get a headache behind the ear before - so do I. It's like all around my ear, on the right side. Sometimes the ache moves to above the ear and in temple. All on the right hand side. Not really pain so much as a dull pressure. The only throbbing painful headaches I get are classic sinus. Forehead and face pain. i don't even know what the rest of my headaches are called. They're not as painful as migraines but they're awful. Then I read that migraines don't have to be particularly painful. All I know is the pressure sonetimes has me eating ibuprofen like lollies. I'm grateful for every day that I don't take a painkiller.

Whereabouts do you get face pain, ditapage? I get bridge of nose ache, the ENT last week said that sinusitis doesn't cause pain there, yet several other clinicians have said that it does! :unsure:

GingerFish
07-02-16, 13:52
Varies. When it comes to migraines, I only ever get them above my left eyebrow and when tension headaches, they can be anywhere but usually I feel them building up or starting from my neck and going around the front of my head and getting tighter like a band. Got one atm :(

LilGsMama
07-02-16, 14:00
Varies. When it comes to migraines, I only ever get them above my left eyebrow and when tension headaches, they can be anywhere but usually I feel them building up or starting from my neck and going around the front of my head and getting tighter like a band. Got one atm :(

Is that right, GingerFish? I don't remember them starting in my neck before, but I've started to wonder if I'm now focusing on things I've never bothered with before, until this bad bout of HA :unsure:

Ditapage
07-02-16, 19:47
Whereabouts do you get face pain, ditapage? I get bridge of nose ache, the ENT last week said that sinusitis doesn't cause pain there, yet several other clinicians have said that it does! :unsure:

I get bridge of nose pressure for sure! The ENT said I have no sinus issues though! I have had that symptom for years, especially if I was feeling anxious.

Blonde123
07-02-16, 20:39
Do you get them around your ear dita?