PDA

View Full Version : Feeling so down after drinking soda pop - diabetes?

rsanchez
05-02-16, 19:48
So it's about a half hour after I had some soda pop, coca cola specifically. I'm feeling so sluggish and tired and, probably most weird is I'm feeling really warm too. I fear this might be diabetes. It's one of my worse fears. I've had my blood sugar tested like six times in the past two years and it always came back fine but I still feel like this.

Just looking for some advice/reassurance. :(

Lifelonganxiety!
05-02-16, 20:35
Could just be the way your body reacts to the ingredients. I mean, especially if half an hour is when you suddenly feel tired it could be a crash after consuming too much sugar. Happens to everyone.

I get something similar with coffee. I can feel my body stimulated by it, but my mind get so tired after drinking it that I just want to nap. Just the way some people react to these things.

I would suggest getting tested, but you've done that a lot over the last few years so I wouldn't be concerned if I were you. If soda makes you feel this way, the obvious advice is to not drink soda! lol

rsanchez
05-02-16, 23:05
It's been happening more and more recently so I've been drinking it less, but I was at least hoping it would eventually go away and I could drink soda again. :/