PDA

View Full Version : Could this be a retinal problem?

Peterthegreatworrier
05-02-16, 22:46
Ok, I got reading glasses recently and after wearing them a lot yesterday I now have a headache. In the eye that hurts the most, I noticed a hair like translucent line in my vision which like an afterimage turned white when I shut it.
When I got my glasses, I was at the optometrist because I was worried I had retinal detachment (the optometrist said my retina looked healthy and that I was far sighted).
I'm really worried that this disturbance (which lasted about 5 minutes) is confirmation that I have some kind of retinal problem. Could this be caused by a non serious problem? Could it be a retinal migrane? I really need some reassuring right now.
Best regards, Peterthegreatworrier.

Gary A
05-02-16, 23:19
Your eyes are probably just adjusting to the new glasses. Headaches and things are very common after getting new glasses. A retinal detachment would cause an instant cascade of eye floaters and great flashes of light. This in no way sounds like a retinal detachment.

Xtrastrongbint
05-02-16, 23:58
Hi - I believe that retinal detachment is also excruciating so very unlikely...I would agree with GaryA - just your eyes adjusting :)

rsanchez
06-02-16, 01:47
I have headaches when I'm adjusting to new glasses. Also, if the optometrist says your retina is fine, it won't just detach the next day. You're good, just getting used to the glasses.

Peterthegreatworrier
06-02-16, 02:07
Many thanks all of you:welcome:
I went to the optometrist a couple of weeks ago, so I guess my retina wouldn't have just rapidly deteriorated in that space of time.
Regards, Peterthegreatworrier