PDA

View Full Version : Serious brain tumor fears

LavenderRain
06-02-16, 07:45
Hey everyone, this has been going on for a while but I've only recently started worrying to this extent about it. This is probably going to be an extremely long post so sit tight.

Ever since I was very young, I've had a weird tender spot on the right side of my head, sort of near the center and back of my head. It never really bothered me unless I touched it or pulled the hair there, and I only really noticed it when I was young and my mom would brush my hair and it would feel kind of tingly and weird. I had a bit of a nervous breakdown in spring last year and ever since then I've felt worse and my anxiety has been at its peak. I started developing crazy mood swings where I would get horrendously angry over the silliest things to the point I would want to scream and punch walls, then I'd get really happy and laugh and then be crying for no reason.. That weird spot on my head started hurting and giving me headaches that only happened in that one area. They aren't normal headaches. They're like shooting pains directly through my skull in that single spot and once in a while the pain will kind of radiate out from it throughout the entire right side of my head. I've run my fingers over it and it seems slightly raised like there's a bump under my scalp. I have also had people tell me that I have a little bald spot right there, but I've never really noticed it myself. Last summer I went through some really bad depressive episodes where I wouldn't even get out of bed to shower or brush my teeth most of the time and my hair got extremely matted right on top of that little tender area and was pulling on it for months until I finally took a pair or scissors to it and chopped my hair off, so I think that could also be a part of it. Since I turned 17 (I'm 20 now, almost 21) I have had this weird thing happen where one of my limbs (but only ever one at a time, usually an arm) will start aching. Like a deep dull throbbing pain that seems to be coming from inside of my bones. The first time it happened I thought I was having a heart attack or a stroke but it went away the next day and then it would randomly affect a limb every few weeks or months. I notice it doesn't happen quite as often now but it still does sometimes and normally after I've been involved in something stressful or had an extremely eventful or busy day. Pain meds and heat pads and anything of the sort have no affect. I have no idea what this could be caused by other than the fact that my posture has always been kind of poor and both the spot on my scalp and the pain in my limbs seem to improve and feel better if I have someone massage my back along the right side of my spine, but I'm so convinced that its something neurological. Also, I have these weird eye problems. I see my pulse in my field of vision sometimes. As in, my vision literally pulses along with my heartbeat. I also have this weird thing with my eyes that I have literally never been able to find anything on ever no matter where I look but I'll try to explain. Whenever I look really far to the side or up or down really far, I start to see two circles in my vision (one in both eye) that almost look like.. Pressure.. I can't explain and I have no idea how to make sense of it. This has also been going on for years as well as the pulse in my vision and I have always had anxiety over my eyes, especially over things like retinal detachment but I went and got my eyes looked at a couple years ago back when all of this was still going on and they didn't find anything wrong, and I didn't have high eye pressure or anything. I have heard that eye doctors can tell if you have a brain tumor by looking into your pupils with their light thing (I have no idea what its called) but when they looked into my eyes they just said everything was fine. I've also got this problem where the vision in my right eye randomly gets extremely blurry or foggy looking and then goes back to normal after I blink a few times. This frightens me because its on the same side of my head that the spot on my scalp is on. That eye also randomly aches, as in my actual eyeball feels achey and like there is pressure behind it but it never happens with my left eye. The right side of my nose always feels a little stuffed up or achey and I used to get ear infections in my right ear frequently as a kid. All of these symptoms get worse if I get sick or have a sore throat and I was also told to get looked at for tmj as my jaw clicks and aches sometimes on the right side too. I've been so tired lately I can't think and I get out of breath and lightheaded just from standing up or laying in certain positions and I've been extremely dizzy and every night at about the same time I start to disassociate and feel disconnected from reality and unreal and weird.. Am I going crazy? Does it sound like I have a brain tumor or do I just have an issue with my spine, jaw or sinuses and I'm giving myself horrible anxiety overthinking it?? I'm terrified that if I go to the doctor I will leave with a death sentence. Please respond.

JosephL
07-04-16, 12:49
Perhaps go to the Doctors to be on the safe side but you sound like you're consumed by the fear of the spot on your head which is feeding your anxiety, which in turn, may be causing a lot of these psychosomatic symptoms that you're feeling. Look up health anxiety/anxiety/stress symptoms and see just how many ways it can affect you physically.

I'm sure you'll be fine, take care!