PDA

View Full Version : Pulmonary embolism fear

Avasmummy_x
06-02-16, 10:21
My anxiety is through the roof.

I've been ill for 12days with gastroenteritis and have been bed bound. During this time for 4days straight my left calf was in agony and all red. First worry.
I was too ill to get in the Drs so thought I'd leave it and wait for it to pass.

Now for the past two days I'm finding it hard to breath even when I'm doing nothing , chest pain , upper back pain and dizziness. Of course I'm in panic mode now thinking it's turned in to pe. The symptoms are constant and scaring the hell out of me.

Got a gp appt at 12-15 but my dr always puts down my symptoms down to anxiety so I'm paranoid he's gonna take one look and say I'm fine and somethings been missed x

Mi
06-02-16, 16:16
I can sympathise. I'm exactly the same with constant shortness of breath and leg ache. I felt that after being diagnosed with anxiety no one would listen to me. My dr did all the usual stuff - bp, sats and listened to my chest. She also examined my leg. Just to be on the safe side and to put my mind at ease (haha I say that now but I'll still worry) I've booked a private ultrasound on my legs and am looking at getting a d-dimer test done to rule out a clot.
Since being on beta blockers the chest pain happens less often as does the shortness of breath. I'm sure it's because I am constantly thinking about my breathing. This has been lasting for about a month but more so over the past 1 week. The amount I've been in to a&e because of it is ridiculous.
How did your doctors appointment go? Have they put your mind at ease at all? X