PDA

View Full Version : anxiety over red patches on skin, too scared to Google...

snowflake293
06-02-16, 13:18
Hi all

I am having a HA flare up and I feel like every little thing is setting me off :( it's cause I have a family member who is dying at the moment and my underlying fear is of my parents dying or me dying and not being able to care for them. I understand where my HA comes from and I am having treatment for it from the doctor.

Yesterday I was worrying about a mole on my arm. I am still worrying over it, but I am also worried cause I have a 3 red patches just smaller than a penny on my body. One is on my inside arm and has started to go a bit scaly/dry. the other two are on my tummy, in almost identical places near my hips. They aren't sore or itchy patches which is why I am worried!

I have had a cough/cold and I feel an aching pain under my ribs and my shoulders are tense. I need to relax but I am finding it really hard to do so without diazepam (which to dr is refusing to prescribe me anymore) or alcohol (drinking to calm myself down, which I know is a bad idea)

Any idea what these red patches are? Not had anything like it before... don't want to Google. I can't Google anymore, I am too scared to do it cause all it does it frighten me! So glad that I finally learned to stop doing it and would strongly urge everyone else on this forum to stop Googling too if you can help it.

Anyway, sorry for the long and rambling post. Just having another wobble today and hoping someone can help reassure me about these skin patches and my symptoms?

Thanks xxx

glassgirlw
06-02-16, 13:37
I am from the U.S. so not sure what your weather is like...but I do get those patches on occasion in the colder months and it's just a scaly dry skin patch. Gets red too. I just slather on lotion for a couple days and they go away. Kinda like eczema ☺ Nothing to worry about!!

snowflake293
06-02-16, 13:49
Thank you, I am from the UK so weather here is cold and wet! you are right the patches are probably to do with the cold :)