PDA

View Full Version : Moveable lump...

imfineokay
06-02-16, 19:46
I have just found a hard moveable lump between my left armpit and chest area. I'm not googling but I know this can be a problem. I checked the other side to see if I had another and I don't. I've been doing so well with my anxiety then this happens... Ffs :( does this sound bad?

rebeccad
06-02-16, 19:50
I thought if the lump was moveable it's fine that's what I've always been told xx

imfineokay
06-02-16, 20:34
Really? Oh right then, that's good to know. Thanks :) dunno if I wanna go get it checked or not though anyways.

rebeccad
06-02-16, 20:50
Id go just for your own peace of mind x

.Poppy.
06-02-16, 22:26
I have a lump under my chin that I've had for years and years (it started off my HA originally). When I finally got the nerve to see my doctor he said the same thing - if it's not a super irregular shape and is movable, it's fine.

But if it makes you feel better, it's okay to have it checked too. Just be prepared to believe what the doctor says :)

Jumbogiraffe
06-02-16, 23:25
I have the same problem funny enough! Never went to the docs about it though.

half-empty
06-02-16, 23:33
poppy I had a small lump that started my ha too! on my jaw line! if you feel yourself for lumps and bumps you will find them, im a buggar for it lol anything that moves freely under the skin isn't a cause for concern

imfineokay
06-02-16, 23:37
I got a lump under my chin too! I thought everyone did. Always had it.

half-empty
06-02-16, 23:43
infact I have one on each side of my jaw but not in the same spot! its fine! had about 5 small one pop up on my neck last year and of course I ran to the doctors with them, all bloods were fine, they are still there too

emmalj0
07-02-16, 08:31
Iv got one on my rib where my underwire sits iv had three years now and im still worried its cancerous. I find it hard to believe the drs. They have all said if moves its fine however dr google says different

imfineokay
07-02-16, 12:29
Sounds similar to mine. If you have had it three years that confirms its fine so don't worry about it :) just one year would be enough to confirm it.

emmalj0
07-02-16, 12:53
Hope so it's grown ever so slightly not much. Drs aren't worried one bit just said if grows rapidly, feels craggy or fixed that's when I need to go back. I googled lipoma and came up with a cancer called liposarcoma which is rare but sometimes mistaken for lipoma and that's where my worries come from

rebeccad
07-02-16, 13:52
I don't want to google what's liposarcoma ? I've got a lipoma that I'm worrying about , had it scanned year a go , I think it's grown slightly , it moves , denote worried x

emmalj0
07-02-16, 13:57
I don't want to make anyone worry. It's a rare cancer that can be mistaken for a lipoma but from what iv read most grow fast and are deeper than just under the skin. Iv had an ultrasound on mine didn't see anything sinister x

rebeccad
07-02-16, 13:58
I've had ultrasound to so should be ok right ? X

emmalj0
07-02-16, 14:03
Iv been told ultrasound would detect if sinister. My problem is I don't listen to drs I listen to what iv read on Google and have I never googled lipoma I would be non the wiser about liposarcoma so it's my own fault iv Been in a worry the past three years x

Fishmanpa
07-02-16, 14:06
I've had ultrasound to so should be ok right ? X

This is a perfect example of a thread that feeds and incites a fear in someone who didn't have it before.

Go distract yourself Rebecca. You're fine Ok?

Positive thoughts

rebeccad
07-02-16, 14:18
Yes I'm going to bake cookies with my little boy , I read these things then wish I hadn't :-/ x

emmalj0
07-02-16, 14:21
Didn't mean to worry you. I only come on here to see if people have said problems as me obviously many people have lumps and bumps. I'm sure if we had ultrasound will be OK x

rebeccad
07-02-16, 14:39
You havnt worried me , it was my own fault for reading it xx

imfineokay
07-02-16, 20:55
This is a perfect example of a thread that feeds and incites a fear in someone who didn't have it before.

Go distract yourself Rebecca. You're fine Ok?

Positive thoughts

Completely agree and I See what you did there lol

---------- Post added at 20:55 ---------- Previous post was at 20:54 ----------

Emma Try and stop the googling. That's something I've managed to do and if I can do it then you sure as hell can do too :).