PDA

View Full Version : Not right

shirlp
07-02-16, 05:19
Does anyone get anxiety from just feeling weird.. I mean not right.. No pains or anything just off.. I think this feeling for me has got to be the worst, I can't put my finger on what's causing the anxiety. I can see that I'm anxious coz I don't feel right but I can't say how. .. If any of that makes sense lol

Mi
07-02-16, 05:29
I've got this right now and not slept since about 12 because of it. Just put in a call to 111 as my heart rate is very low (I've been put on beta-blockers so am aware it drops but this is too low especially when I'm so anxious at the moment). Of course they tried to send an Ambo which I've declined so waiting for a call back from a dr now

shirlp
07-02-16, 05:34
I don't like this bit.. Mine revolves around my head, I'm trying to distract myself as I'm sure its anxiety due to the fact I'm tired. And been suffering sinus infection.hope drs can help u xxx

Mi
07-02-16, 05:43
I'm completely with you. Unfortunately distraction is never easy is it. I'm finding myself concentrating on every little symptom now. It's probably down to lack of sleep but then you can't sleep because you're anxious about how you feel. It's a vicious circle! Thanks, me too! Really wasn't keen on taking meds and this is exactly why. Hope you feel better soon xx

shirlp
07-02-16, 06:15
I so get that.. My distraction is just about working instead of me picking this feeling apart lol. And giving myself some feeling to panic over.. No there is no sleeping for me. And if I sleep too much no sleep again later grr. X

Mi
07-02-16, 10:17
I haven't managed to find anything distracting, it's very annoying. My meds seem to work well during the day but as soon as it gets to night time and early morning I'm in pieces again.
Can't win can you. If only there was a simple solution.....x

shirlp
07-02-16, 13:05
Night time Is always the worst. I wish u could click ur fingers and the feelings would go. How did ur phone call from the drs go? Any help?

GingerFish
07-02-16, 13:45
That's pretty much how I felt constantly when my anxiety was at its highest. I didn't feel right mentally or physically but I couldn't describe it and whenever I went to the doctor about it, I still couldn't put it well enough into words. I just told over and over again it was anxiety, which it was. The best thing was to distract myself, which seemed almost impossible at first. At first I could only distract myself from how I was feeling for a few mins and here and there but that showed me that if I can distract myself for a minute or two, if I keep working at it, I can distract myself for even longer and eventually I could and the feeling passed though I still get it every so often.

Mi
07-02-16, 15:49
Clicking the fingers would be perfect! The Dr was useless, didn't really listen because I have anxiety so every symptom is because of that...hmm. I spoke to my old midwife as she has been a great support, she wants me to go to the Drs tomorrow morning and tell them everything I'm feeling and experiencing. I'm still not feeling right but I'm more relaxed about it now lol. I'm hoping therapy will have some solutions for me. How are you feeling now? Xx

shirlp
07-02-16, 16:08
I sometimes get that impression with drs.. IH here she is again wasting my time. Blah blah blah. I would go to the drs at least then they can have a good look.. My head Is better today thankfully.. X

Mi
07-02-16, 16:16
I feel like the girl who cried wolf. But the symptoms are very real to me whether they are actually "real" or not. Good that's a step in the right direction at least :-) xx

shirlp
07-02-16, 17:56
Yes I agree it does feel like that. I do think that ppl that don't have anxiety can't really understand it..

Mi
07-02-16, 21:53
They can't. I thought I did until all this happened and it made me realise how clueless I was before xx

shirlp
07-02-16, 21:58
I get where ur coming from.. I've read the amount of things anxiety can cause I'm gobsmacked. There is so many.. I can hardly understand my own lol.. But I am sick of the headaches I get. Felt OK today now I have a horrible headache, pain feels like its straight across my head on the top..

Mi
08-02-16, 09:05
It can cause every single symptom you can think of can't it. I've had the chest pains, back pains, tummy cramps, neck pain, leg ache, pins and needles, breathlessness, head pressure, feeling faint...I think that's it lol.
That must be horrible, headaches are awful things, I'm such a whimp when I get one x

shirlp
08-02-16, 09:57
I get pains in most places but they've gone after a few minutes.. My head is the worst I suffer from. Drives me round the bend.. Have u sorted drs appointment??

Mi
08-02-16, 20:23
I can imagine. Headaches are nasty things and pain killers don't seem to get rid of them either. I went to the Drs today. She was really happy because apparently everything I was saying meant that the meds were kicking in well which makes me feel more positive. I also wanted a referral for some bloods to be done privately. When she asked how they were being funded and I said I was paying, she then asked how much and when I told her she said she'll request I get them done so that I don't pay for private. How sweet of her especially as she doesn't see them as being necessary, it's just to help ease my mind.
How's your day been?

shirlp
08-02-16, 20:39
Well that all sounds good then hun.. Its hard to find a decent doctor that u are happy with.. I'm a bit out of it today, I took a zoplicone last night to help me sleep, which it did but I've been feeling crap today, headaches again and more anxious.. Can't seen to win lol.

Mi
09-02-16, 09:59
It really is. She didn't seem to ignore all my symptoms either and did some checks even though she said she was sure they were all linked to anxiety. Oh no, sorry to hear that. You're right meds help in some ways but then they create other problems. I felt fine this morning but still took my meds and since taking them I feel worse. I might have to drop the morning dose. When the weather gets a bit nicer it'll be better, fresh air seems to help a bit I find x

shirlp
09-02-16, 21:24
I do always feel better in the summer.. Getting a bit fed up of headaches now.. Anxiety is not good, drs again it is then.. Only trouble is we have to wait weeks here to get a decent appointment.. Can't they get some meds that just make us better lol

Mi
11-02-16, 16:05
Meds that make us all better would be a wonderful idea. I've dropped my propanolol dose to one a day and that in itself is making me anxious lol. We used to have to wait for ages but recently they changed the system where it's on the day appointments only except for extended hours appointments - it works quite well. How are the headaches? The sun has been shining today which has made things seem a bit better x

shirlp
12-02-16, 10:14
I was doing so well on cymbalta till my sleep pattern messed up. Now panic all the time. Headache better not a huge pain now just pressure feeling. Just sitting in the sofa playing games, wen I felt like my head was going to explode and my eyes would pop out.. Weird.. If we make an appointment to see a Dr the same day, u may have an hours wait, but if u just want a routine appointment u could wait 3 weeks.. They need to change our appointment system. I wanted the Dr the other day to address my anxiety, but just gave me painkillers.. Now gotta wait 3 weeks. Sun does make me feel a little brighter xx

Mi
16-02-16, 11:02
Glad the headaches are better. Fresh air may help. I think it's doing wonders for my anxiety although today I'm not doing so well. Went to the doctors for my 6 week postnatal check and after asking to have my obs done to feel more relaxed (was the most relaxed I've been for weeks) I ended up feeling more anxious as my bp was low. Yeah I agree 3 weeks is way to long and if something can wait 3 weeks is it worth even going to the doctors?! Our new system works very well, just hope they don't change it x

shirlp
16-02-16, 17:54
I was feeling OK ish lol.. But the top of my head has just started hurting.. My bp is usually on the low side, drs don't seem to worry about it.. Ive been working today and yesterday so haven't been able to enjoy the outdoors much.. Was meant to have an appointment with drs about a abnormal smear yesterday afternoon but hospital canceled, so few more weeks of worrying about that.. Gotta work tomorrow and then relax, Friday I have an eye test, so that should ease some worries.. Hope everything was OK at your check up, other than your bp??. Xx

Mi
16-02-16, 22:34
Ah sorry to hear that, hope it goes away soon. Do you find working helps take your mind off things a bit? Drs were only concerned about my low bp because it's linked with the meds I'm on and I was feeling dizzy with it. Typical that they cancel the appointment, it's really no good for HA sufferers. I've got my first smear this year and was reading about it - they quite often call people for a retest, oh the joys. Other than my bp the doctors appointment was very good thank you xx

shirlp
16-02-16, 23:39
Working isn't distracting me at the minute. Feel crap and unsteady whilst there and its scary. Well I'm glad the low bp didn't cause the drs to worry.. Smear tests aren't too bad its going in to be retested that is. I've already had two bad ones so know this probably will b too. Glad appointment was OK xx

Mi
17-02-16, 01:37
That's a shame, thought it might take your mind off things for a while. I've had swabs and things done before so I'm not too worried about it. It's just I'm very prudish and find it hard having examinations done lol. Hopefully the retest will be fine xx

shirlp
17-02-16, 02:03
Its not one of my favorite things lol. After 3 kids you'd think I'd b fine.. Eye test next for me, will sit in the chair panicking lol. Xxx

Mi
18-02-16, 23:05
It's just a bit awkward haha. I must get mine booked. I think after children the last thing you want is to be prodded and poked down there haha.
Personally I find eye tests fun. Must book in for one soon xxx

shirlp
19-02-16, 08:41
Well I have my eye test at 10:00. After four hours sleep I woken up with a heavy feeling in the top of my head. Gotta get on the bus in 20 minutes and its a 45 minute drive grr.. Hospital canceled my retest til the 7th of march, so extra worry.. Oh well just gotta get on with it. Hope your feeling OK??