PDA

View Full Version : sertraline

Wallett
07-02-16, 11:06
I would welcome any feedback about this drug that I have been taking for the last three months.

I started on 50mg but the side effets were so horrendous my doctor suggested I cut it in half. Had six awful weeks while it was getting into my system but then all seemed to settle and I had four good weeks and thought I was back to 'normal'.

However, the last week seems as though I have taken a step back as symptoms came back, nausea, heightened anxiety, night sweating etc. Doctor suggested I increase the dose in stages so I am taking about 35mg at the moment. Still waiting to feel better! Has anyone else had similar experience - I would welcome your advice.

anxious1
08-02-16, 07:05
I would welcome any feedback about this drug that I have been taking for the last three months.

I started on 50mg but the side effets were so horrendous my doctor suggested I cut it in half. Had six awful weeks while it was getting into my system but then all seemed to settle and I had four good weeks and thought I was back to 'normal'.

However, the last week seems as though I have taken a step back as symptoms came back, nausea, heightened anxiety, night sweating etc. Doctor suggested I increase the dose in stages so I am taking about 35mg at the moment. Still waiting to feel better! Has anyone else had similar experience - I would welcome your advice.

Firstly well done on getting past the 2 weeks stage. I lasted three days. I physically and mentally couldent take the symptoms any more. I think with the doses being changed for you it will be a case of letting it in your system i was tols 6-8 weeks to get full benefit. And if you change doses it does affect you again, they are aupposed to be really good though. I am now on citropolam still getting shakes etc but i am hangimg im there

Wallett
08-02-16, 08:38
Thanks for your reply. It has been a real battle to stay on this drug and I can only hope that it eventually works. Do hope you begin to feel the benefit of Citalopram soon.

anxious1
08-02-16, 10:08
Thanks for your reply. It has been a real battle to stay on this drug and I can only hope that it eventually works. Do hope you begin to feel the benefit of Citalopram soon.

Thanks mate. I am sure sertaline will work for you soon. I just lacked the will power. Apparently it is the best one wish i could have pushed through but the side effects were too much sadly