PDA

View Full Version : Panicking all day

amstelko2
07-02-16, 16:29
Hello i decided do create profile here,I have been on zoloft for the 3rd time for about a month.Now to the problem i have been having horrible sleep for about a month since i started taking the zoloft again,and im panicking that i have sporadic fatal insomnia.Besides the sleep i dont have any other symptoms,but the anxiety is killing me,i just want ot feel like i did before

---------- Post added at 16:29 ---------- Previous post was at 16:28 ----------

my sleep is bad and when i sleep i have very vivid dreams

half-empty
07-02-16, 16:35
anxiety cause your brain to go into overdrive, resulting in difficulty falling asleep and while you sleep, its still in overdrive which is why you have vivid and strange dreams, or wake multiple times. not getting enough deep sleep.

faithfulone
07-02-16, 17:59
I have the vivid dreams without taking an antidepressant...(anxiety), but with the antidepressant it's really worse. I'm sure insomnia is a very common side effect of these meds. Maybe an anti-anxiety med might help with insomnia and anxiety. You could try some of the mindfulness / relaxation techniques before bedtime. I have an app on my phone and once I hear his voice I'm pretty much falling asleep.

amstelko2
07-02-16, 18:15
i sometimes take 25mg of xanax and it relaxes me,but doesnt help me with sleep but i guess thats not what xanax is for

faithfulone
07-02-16, 18:22
Maybe take it an hour or so before bed and then once in bed try one of the apps I was mentioning for relaxation. Really has helped me and I used to not go to sleep till about 3 am - 6 am....Now I'm sleeping about 6 hours which is amazing for me. It will take a few nights of this and then you might start seeing a difference.

amstelko2
07-02-16, 18:32
will do,i am hopefull its from the medication,and it soon builds up enough,cause the though of having that disease alone is destroying me mentally(well so much about being positive)

faithfulone
07-02-16, 18:52
yea, when we thing of having an illness you can spiral down really quick, obsessing over it. I know, that's what started mine up this go around. That's an extremely rare disease, but believe it or not someone that lives close to me actually died of that disease (but had to do with getting it from beef).......lots of neuro symptoms first. We could obsess over things like this daily, but have to remember if we are to enjoy any part of life, we can't obsess over each and every symptom. That's what I try to tell myself anyway.

I really think it's the medication, especially because you know it started around that time.

amstelko2
07-02-16, 18:55
im sad to hear that,its a horrible disease,was it sporadic or inherited

---------- Post added at 18:55 ---------- Previous post was at 18:54 ----------

well im 19,and all of my grandparents lived to be 90 and my parents,uncles and aunts are all in their 50s and 60s,and nobody has ever had it,so its no the familial,but idk that chance of having the sporadic version of the disease drives me insane,hard to not think about it.