PDA

View Full Version : Struggling BIG time :(

Ssmith
07-02-16, 19:25
Hi guys,

So as the title says, I'm struggling massively at the moment. I'm getting worse and worse and it's scaring me. You may have seen my threads on tiredness, well that's getting worse. Getting a full nights sleep and still waking up shattered is really affecting me now. Mix in with that anxiety, depression and constant restlessness and you have the perfect cocktail for a very distressing mess.

I am pretty much housebound now. I can't drive because of how tired i am and like i say, I'm getting worse. I'm worried I'm going to be sectioned as I'm so bad. A minute feels like an hour and an hour feels like a day. I would pay any amount of money right now to stop this tiredness. I could even handle the other things but for this. My eyes constantly sting, bags under my eyes and I'm not taking things in. Everything seems darker in colour. I'm really scared and not sure what to do for help. Got an IAPT appointment in the morning but i can't do any therapy when I'm like this. Feel like i need medication to get me over this severity. I haven't seen any of my friends in a few weeks and they think I'm ignoring their requests to do things

Sorry for rambling and being on a bit of a downer guys. I'm just really scared as to how bad I'm feeling. I would do anything to feel better right now

pulisa
07-02-16, 19:38
I think you have to stop feeling scared about how you feel, recognise that your bloods were fine and accept that these are symptoms of chronic anxiety? You certainly aren't going to be sectioned-you are in a heightened anxiety state.

Ssmith
07-02-16, 19:59
Hi Pulisa,

I realise now that it's chronic anxiety,took me a long time but it's finally hit me. But I'm just getting worse. Tried to do some relaxation today and a bit of CBT but the anxiety and tiredness are so extreme.

pulisa
07-02-16, 20:45
Believe me I know.

Shazamataz
07-02-16, 20:47
I don't think you need to be sectioned!

Are you currently on any medication?

What is IAPT (I'm from New Zealand so don't know the lingo).

I am sure this will pass if you get the right treatment. The fatigue can also be depression but it's not forever. I guess your body is just a bit worn out?

Ssmith
07-02-16, 20:55
Believe me I know.

Are you struggling as well?

---------- Post added at 20:55 ---------- Previous post was at 20:53 ----------

I don't think you need to be sectioned!

Are you currently on any medication?

What is IAPT (I'm from New Zealand so don't know the lingo).

I am sure this will pass if you get the right treatment. The fatigue can also be depression but it's not forever. I guess your body is just a bit worn out?

I'm on 20mg of citalopram and weaning off pregabalin. This tiredness has been with me for any 3 years though but has only got this severe in the last few months. During the 3 years, I've tried about 4 different antidepressants to no avail. If my anxiety wasn't as bad as it was, I'd probably be sleeping all day

IAPT is 'Improving Access to Psychological Therapies'. It's meant to be a way of getting therapy a lot easier

pulisa
07-02-16, 21:00
I'm currently having an exhaustion "phase" but I'm a carer to my daughter so have to manage it as best I can. But it's not pleasant. I find accepting it and trying to ignore the feeling works best although it's far from easy.

jadedreams
08-02-16, 18:15
Hi there, I get this too - I've been exhausted for the past 9-10 months with this anxiety and OCD. I fall asleep but wake up several times and early before my alarm. I just feel so tired but my brain is still going so it's hard to get any restful sleep.

Hang in there, we will get through this. Have you found anything that relaxes you and might help you get a more restful sleep?