PDA

View Full Version : Scared I'll NEVER Get Better...

RetailMoth
08-02-16, 05:40
Three weeks ago I went to the doctor to have them look at the spot on my hip, and they said it was "classic ringworm." I was given an over-the-counter antifungal to apply twice a day, and after a few days the center started peeling away. Now the spot on my hip is faded almost altogether, but still feels a little rough and the skin is wrinkly. That wouldn't be a problem, except last week I went to see them again because I found even more spots on other parts of my body, just the spots were smaller. This time the doctor said it was numular eczema, and told me to apply hydrocortisone cream twice a day for one week, then use Lotrimin twice a day for another week.
Tomorrow is my last day with hydrocortisone and next Monday I have to see the doctor again for a follow-up. The spot on my hip is, as I said, nearly healed, and some of the smaller spots on my arms, chest, and crotch are nearly-gone too - like, you can't see unless you're squinting.

But the spot on my arm is still in the middle of healing, and I keep swearing I see more spots, just too early to tell for sure.

I'm seeing the doctor next week, like I said, but I just feel so disgusting and scared. What if something's really wrong with me? What if I have these spots forever? What if nothing helps?