PDA

View Full Version : I can't stop thinking about my breathing or blinking

Angelfalls
08-02-16, 10:27
Hi guys. I have this huge issue. I'm 17 and for the past 2 months I have been thinking about my breathing non stop every day. It also elevated to my blinking. It's driving me crazy. I'm panicking that I'm never going to get over it I mean it's been 2 months already and it hasn't stopped. I have asked my friends if they experience this and they all look at me like I'm crazy. I just want to know what I can do to make this go away and if any one else has this.

twofatslugs
09-02-16, 12:55
You're not alone in thinking about your breathing or blinking, I used to be exactly the same, constantly thinking about autonomous actions in an attempt to find something wrong; in terms of getting over it its a case of distracting yourself, and telling yourself that there's nothing wrong. It took me a while and sometimes I do focus on my breathing but I immediately try to distract myself.

You're not alone! :)

half-empty
09-02-16, 13:00
its so hard when your focused on your breathing, the more you try to regulate it etc it seems the more its out of whack! its a weird one because its something as well as the blinking that our bodies automatically do just perfectly on their own, and yet here we are trying to intervene and do its job haha keep busy, that way you wont be able to focus so much on it. your only 17, why are you so worried about your breathing? you should see my heart rate when someone takes that because I try to breath well haha it always shoots up to over 100 which shows, most of the time we don't do a good job trying to breath for our body.