PDA

View Full Version : still worried breast lump

Sunshine1000
08-02-16, 10:38
:weep:
Hi everyone

Maybe someone can give me some advice. I have a little lump in my right breast which I can only feel lying down and prodding with two fingers. If I feel for it with fingers flat and together I don't feel it. I already made another topic a few weeks ago about this. So I went to the doctor. Last time she said its nothing. Agreed to come every three months. Last time she felt again and said; what, that thing? That's nothing. She wouldn't send someone else without anxiety for an ultrasound. So great news. But I am still concerned. What if this is something. What if I did an ultrasound and it would show? Then the us would have been a great thing to do. Bit is this real or my anxiety speaking? Because us are also not 100% perfect.

How do I cope with this? I keep watching YouTube for clips that show the right way to check. So I'm like: You see you are doing it wrong, its all fine. And also picture form sites which say; feel with the flat otherwise you feel the lumps that are naturally there. But still I can't convince myself nothing is wrong. Because I didn't get a test. Or biopsy or whatever that gives me 100% certainty.

Long story, sorry for that :(. Maybe anyone has some advice?

Leslie735
08-02-16, 14:53
Can you ask your doctor for a mammogram/ultrasound. I went last week to see my gynecologist about my breast and she sent me for both.

dee_gril
09-02-16, 02:43
Hi there

I just posted about my breast lump (s) issues because I never quite know what I am feeling for. In the end I just made an appointment a breast clinic here in Australia after my GP checked it. She said she wasn't worried at all but if it would put my mind at ease to just go and get it checked out.

I did that and I had my ultrasound that same day with the results and it was all fine. A huge relief. The truth is I felt so many bumps and lumps and I prodded so much I gave myself a bruise. Breasts are naturally lumpy and I think it is good to have a baseline as to what your breasts are like so you will know if anything changes. Since you are at all unsure maybe it will be good to ask for an ultrasound. And trust me, prodding with two fingers and lifting those fingers one at a time to prod some more, you will feel all sorts of lumps and bumps because you are displacing glands etc!

Take care x

Sunshine1000
09-02-16, 07:35
Hi

Thanks for the replies! I don't know if an us will help, that's the problem :unsure:. I will always feel something else. But maybe after a few months I will ask!

Dee gril: Did they teach you BSE? Do you do it every month?

Jinaiya
19-02-16, 02:45
I am going through this too. I've noticed a lump in my left breast since Monday.

I suffer from Heath Anxiety.

I do breastfeed so I'm hoping it is something to do with that. I'll probably end up seeing a doctor soon because, well, that's how I am... :-/

Until then and maybe even after, I'll obsess about it. :-/