PDA

View Full Version : Postnasal Drip/Catarrh

LilGsMama
08-02-16, 11:22
Does anyone else suffer from this without having had a cold/sinus problems?

I've had it for about a year and it drives me mad.

Just wondering if you have to have had other symptoms with it?

:unsure::unsure:

Meglen
08-02-16, 22:12
Yes!! I suffered for years with it until a month ago. I did some research online and found a pillow that is a wedge on Amazon. The pillow is for Post Nasal Drip/Acid Reflux/snoring/etc. This helps with the post nasal drip not pooling in the back of your throat causing phlegm. I also had/have acid reflux without the heartburn so the wedge pillow helped with that as well. I never knew that I had reflux until I went to the ENT and he told me. I went to him because I was going nuts with the post nasal drip and the throat pain. Also, Ocean Nasal Spray was the single best thing that I ever discovered for post nasal drip. It is a miracle spray, gentle enough for infants (or so says the bottle) and I use it once a day. I bought it at the grocery store, super cheap too:)
It gently dries up the excess gunk, so that nothing drips and all of your symptoms magically disappear!!
my symptoms prior to the wedge and nasal spray were:
-Terrible sore throat all of the time
-heavy constant mucous, worse in the morning
Admittedly, I was a smoker until January 1st, so I think that the smoke contributed to the PND a lot.
Good luck to you, and hopefully you have these 2 items where you live and they can provide you relief!!

mourningdove
09-02-16, 00:06
I have sinus pressure all the time!

Also, at first glance i thought this post was entitled "postmortem grip" and I was reeeeeally confused

LilGsMama
09-02-16, 10:26
Yes!! I suffered for years with it until a month ago. I did some research online and found a pillow that is a wedge on Amazon. The pillow is for Post Nasal Drip/Acid Reflux/snoring/etc. This helps with the post nasal drip not pooling in the back of your throat causing phlegm. I also had/have acid reflux without the heartburn so the wedge pillow helped with that as well. I never knew that I had reflux until I went to the ENT and he told me. I went to him because I was going nuts with the post nasal drip and the throat pain. Also, Ocean Nasal Spray was the single best thing that I ever discovered for post nasal drip. It is a miracle spray, gentle enough for infants (or so says the bottle) and I use it once a day. I bought it at the grocery store, super cheap too:)
It gently dries up the excess gunk, so that nothing drips and all of your symptoms magically disappear!!
my symptoms prior to the wedge and nasal spray were:
-Terrible sore throat all of the time
-heavy constant mucous, worse in the morning
Admittedly, I was a smoker until January 1st, so I think that the smoke contributed to the PND a lot.
Good luck to you, and hopefully you have these 2 items where you live and they can provide you relief!!

Thanks, will have a look! XX:yesyes: