PDA

View Full Version : Lorazepam . Too scared to take it

Beckybecks
08-02-16, 20:16
I've recently been prescribed Lorazepam 1mg for anxiety.
But I have such a fear of taking medication and haven't managed to take even one pill yet.

I know I'm not doing myself any favours and that my anxiety would definitely ease off if I took the medication. But the very thought of taking one just causes me so much anxiety I can't bring myself to do it.

So I thought I would ask on here who else takes this medication and do you find it helps you with your anxiety problems?

xBettyBoopx
08-02-16, 22:31
Hi Becks

I have been taking lorazepam now for a number of years, mine is a stronger dose and I take it any night, it does help the anxiety. I was scared to take it at first too. I can't give you the courage to take it, that has to come from within you but once you realize that the medication is to help you and not hinder you perhaps it might ease your mind.

Good luck.
Els
xx

Beckie4567
08-02-16, 22:36
I no exactly how u feel I've been prescribed citraplam not sure how u spell it and too scared to take first pill �� I am guna do it tho have too cant go on like this let me no how u get on x

dale12345
15-08-16, 22:51
I take xanax which is pretty much the same thing, it just helps with the panic.

skymaid
15-08-16, 23:03
its just like mega diazepam I believe. id even dare take that an im an emetophobe. you'll be fine with that

dally
15-08-16, 23:27
Lorazepam is just another Benzodiazepam.
But shorter duration than valium.

It is a very effective anti anxiety med. With little side effects . Perhaps tiredness
But
Should never be used for more than two weeks continuously otherwise tolerance or addiction can result.

Hopefully you will be closely monitored by your GP.

Magic
15-08-16, 23:41
Take it. It' a very low dose. Hope you will feel better soon x

dale12345
16-08-16, 00:56
Yes I think you will be fine.:)

J220
16-08-16, 23:16
A benzo will definitely help you, it will make you feel very mellowed with much lessened anxiety. Don't be scared :)

Uh just realised this is a pretty old topic. How did you get on with it. Did you start taking it?