PDA

View Full Version : Booked my smear 9 months late!!

Kate1970
09-02-16, 13:02
Just booked my smear ... I'm 9 months late so as you can imagine I'm terrified I've left it to late 😔 I'm 45 and I'm sure in peri so anxiety is bad.
Anyone else been late for their test and all was okay? I'm so cross with myself but I just hate medical tests the waiting for the results is such an anxious time for me :(

half-empty
09-02-16, 13:06
I was 12 months late for mine in November, I bled after wards, then again after sex, then after sex again spotted for two weeks!!! I was terrified and of course ran to the doctor crying as I had backache and all the other symptoms! and the 5 week wait was horrific :( but all was well, it was all hormonal from just starting the pill after having a baby 3 months prior. I did get some useful info off the doctor though, he said its an unfortunate thing but they can actually tell if the cervix doesn't appear healthy when you have cervical cancer, it doesn't feel normal either when its scraped. then he said that the bleeding should have reassured me that the nurse was thorough, wouldn't want her to miss anything lol