PDA

View Full Version : Camera up nose

Angibec
09-02-16, 15:33
Recently checked out the boards as I was due the camera up my nose and down to my voice box. Read a few weeks posts and there was a mixed reaction to the procedure. I was so worried at what they would find but also didn't want to have it done as some people had not a good experience. Just wanted to let you know that I had this done this morning with no spray anesthetic and it was absolutely fine. It felt like I had pepper up my nose that's all I can describe it as. But not at all scary or uncomfortable. So please don't be worried at all. I'm a scaredy cat and it was fine.

countrygirl
09-02-16, 16:01
I have had this done a couple of time but both times they sprayed the local up my nose. I found it one of the least worrisome tests and okay. No pain at all just an odd sensation when they remove it.

.Poppy.
09-02-16, 16:02
I've never had this done but used to be a speech path student so saw it done several times. Many people were -understandably- nervous but were fine during and after. I think the idea of it is scarier than the actual procedure.

LilGsMama
09-02-16, 17:31
I actually want this done! When I went to see ENT last week he simply looked up my nose and in my ears etc with the same thing that my GP used and went "that's fine".. I thought "NO IT ISN'T! THAT'S WHY I'M HERE!" :doh:

Glad it went OK for you.. do they tell you what they find or do you have to go back for that? xx

:yesyes:

Fishmanpa
09-02-16, 17:46
I've had the "scope. poke and prod" more times than I can count due to my cancer (had it done last Tuesday as a matter of fact). With the numbing agent they spray up your nose, you don't feel a thing.

Positive thoughts

LilGsMama
09-02-16, 17:48
I've had the "scope. poke and prod" more times than I can count due to my cancer (had it done last Tuesday as a matter of fact). With the numbing agent they spray up your nose, you don't feel a thing.

Positive thoughts

Do they get a good look around using this, Fishmanpa? :)

Fishmanpa
09-02-16, 18:02
Do they get a good look around using this, Fishmanpa? :)

Yes, they can see down to your vocal chords. I had H&N cancer and numerous surgeries so my situation warrants a look see with the scope. If there's no direct reason to do so, then it makes sense your ENT didn't perform one. Apparently two medical professionals determined this so you have to go with their experience.

Positive thoughts

LilGsMama
09-02-16, 19:01
Yes, they can see down to your vocal chords. I had H&N cancer and numerous surgeries so my situation warrants a look see with the scope. If there's no direct reason to do so, then it makes sense your ENT didn't perform one. Apparently two medical professionals determined this so you have to go with their experience.

Positive thoughts

You're right Fishmanpa.. trying hard to ride that very train of thought, however I keep applying the brakes :blush::blush:

seashell123
09-02-16, 21:46
I had this procedure on Saturday due to me having the sensation of something stuck in the base of my throat.
I really though I wouldn't be able to stand it but it was nothing to worry about at all.
It does feel weird and I was encouraged to look at the screen and meet my vocal cords,lol
The consultant told me I have reflux and that or the anxiety is causing my muscles to tense and feel like a lump

LilGsMama
09-02-16, 22:19
Wow! Don't think I'd like to have a look :roflmao:

Glad it was OK for you! xxx

seashell123
09-02-16, 22:25
I didn't want to look either but he kept encouraging me

LilGsMama
10-02-16, 13:09
Hehe! Some things are better left unseen! :hugs: xx