PDA

View Full Version : Update on my health issues.

Annie0904
09-02-16, 16:58
Rather than follow on from my previous thread I thought I should start a new one in female health issues.
I went for my fast track appointment today and had an ultrasound scan then I was told I would need an endometrial biopsy. I am not going to lie...it hurt like hell! I bled quite a bit after and the nurse freaked me out more by saying there shouldn't be that much bleeding! Luckily it eased off and I was allowed home. I have terrible cramps now (normal) so I am resting in bed with a hot water bottle and pain killers. I have been told I have to wait up to 4 weeks for the results :( Waiting is the worst but she did say that everything looked okay.
Feeling sorry for myself now and very exhausted.

Carnation
09-02-16, 17:07
Oh Annie. That sounds horrible. You need plenty of hugs and cuddles from your cat.
Try and rest up after that ordeal and take things easy; if you can? :hugs::hugs:

Annie0904
09-02-16, 17:19
Yes My cats are both snuggled up next to me :) They said it might take 3 days for the pain to ease of. It is just like labour pains!

almamatters
09-02-16, 17:20
HI Annie, I'm glad they said everything looked , I know how hard the waiting is and I'm hoping you manage to keep yourself distracted and anxiety free until your results. Take Care xx

---------- Post added at 17:20 ---------- Previous post was at 17:19 ----------

The pain sounds horrible , hopefully it wears off quickly. X

Annie0904
09-02-16, 17:23
Thank you :) xx

Elen
09-02-16, 17:27
Hugs Annie and thanks for the update.

Hope the cramping stops soon for you.

Good news that they think it looked ok, fingers crossed you feel better soon.

Annie0904
09-02-16, 17:35
Thank you Elen xx

Em.ma
09-02-16, 18:25
Hi.
Just wanted to say hope your ok and I hope the pain eases soon.
Rest up and take it easy :) best wishes

Annie0904
09-02-16, 18:34
Hi.
Just wanted to say hope your ok and I hope the pain eases soon.
Rest up and take it easy :) best wishes

Hi Emma, good to hear from you. How are you doing?

Em.ma
09-02-16, 18:41
I'm ok-ish. Thanks for asking. Having a bit of trouble at the moment with high blood pressure and protein in urine so being monitored for pre eclampsia but trying to stay calm and rational. 34 and a half weeks now so baby should be ok if needing to be delivered early.
Anyway this thread is about you :) xx

swgrl09
09-02-16, 18:46
Oh no, that sounds painful! I hope you are resting up and that the cramps ease soon. What a wait for results, huh? But at least the ultrasound looked ok so that's some relief! I've never been in labor, but can't imagine how you must be feeling.

Annie0904
09-02-16, 19:11
I'm ok-ish. Thanks for asking. Having a bit of trouble at the moment with high blood pressure and protein in urine so being monitored for pre eclampsia but trying to stay calm and rational. 34 and a half weeks now so baby should be ok if needing to be delivered early.
Anyway this thread is about you :) xx

That time has gone so quickly! Good that you are being monitored as it will keep you reassured :) xxx

---------- Post added at 19:11 ---------- Previous post was at 19:10 ----------

Oh no, that sounds painful! I hope you are resting up and that the cramps ease soon. What a wait for results, huh? But at least the ultrasound looked ok so that's some relief! I've never been in labor, but can't imagine how you must be feeling.

Thank you, hot water bottles and warm baths are giving me some relief :)

Em.ma
10-02-16, 11:45
It has in a way gone quick but it's starting to drag now haha.
Yeah it is, theirs nothing I can do except wait and see and take a deep breath so that's what I'm trying to do. It's hard but I'll be alright.

Hope your pain has eased today

pulisa
10-02-16, 11:55
Annie, I was looking for your feedback from yesterday in a different section...

That sounds very traumatic but I'm very glad that it's out of the way now. Probably a good thing that you didn't know about all the pain involved beforehand..!

4 weeks seems like an age away but just take it day by day and rest up with plenty of TLC from others! x

Arietis
10-02-16, 11:56
Hope you feel better soon! *virtual hugs* xx

Leslie735
10-02-16, 14:01
I had to go back and read your other thread to see what was going on. First of all, I'm so sorry you had to get a biopsy and it caused you so much pain and bleeding. Not fun!!! I hope you are able to get some rest and feeling better soon!! I'm sorry you have to wait 4 weeks for results! I'm sure everything will be fine, but I will be praying for you!!! *hugs*

Magic
10-02-16, 15:09
Sorry you had a painful experience Annie. Hope you will feel better soon x:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:x

Annie0904
10-02-16, 18:24
Thank you everyone for your hugs and comments, they are very much appreciated. I woke through the night and had to take more pain killers. I still have some tummy cramps but no where near as bad as yesterday. I haven't done any work today, just relaxed. I had Avon to deliver but my hubby did it for me as he is retired now.
I am trying to keep positive about the results, what will be will be I guess. :hugs:

Pepperpot
10-02-16, 19:53
Oh Im pleased you're ok. So, what did this biopsy entail then x

Annie0904
10-02-16, 20:12
Oh Im pleased you're ok. So, what did this biopsy entail then x

It was an endometrial biopsy.

Catherine S
10-02-16, 20:50
Hi Annie, so much for fast track having to wait so long for results! They know what they're looking for though don't they, so wouldn't have said all looked ok, so that's good news. I'm definately coming back as a cat lol! Take it easy.

Cath x

Annie0904
10-02-16, 21:28
Thank you Cath :) I am actually surprising myself at how relaxed I am waiting for the results.

Leslie735
11-02-16, 13:19
Thank you Cath :) I am actually surprising myself at how relaxed I am waiting for the results.

Good! :) :yesyes:

Annie0904
11-02-16, 22:04
Still keeping calm:) I still have cramps in my tummy but they did say it could last 3 days.

swgrl09
11-02-16, 22:41
I have found that I am more anxious leading up to the actual test than waiting for results for some reason. I think because once the test is done it's done. You know the results will come when they do and at this point they can't change! I'm glad you are feeling calm.

Annie0904
12-02-16, 11:42
I have found that I am more anxious leading up to the actual test than waiting for results for some reason. I think because once the test is done it's done. You know the results will come when they do and at this point they can't change! I'm glad you are feeling calm.

Yes that is exactly how it has been for me :)

PanchoGoz
13-02-16, 22:20
Glad it's over Annie xx

Annie0904
13-02-16, 22:40
Yes me too :)