PDA

View Full Version : Vitamin tablets too big!!

Pixette
28-02-07, 09:13
hope someone can clarify this for me. Ive spent quite a lot of money recently on B vitamins & omega 3 oil capsules. I had a good chat with the manager of the health food store asking about getting these in liquid form as I am unable to swallow large tablets/capsules. It is not possible to get vitammins in liquid forn but she said I could open the capsules and mix with water and take them that way.

Well I tried this once and was almost sick as the taste was awful :eek: . Ive now resorted to taking the vitamins with yougurt. Does anyone know if the body will absorb the vitamins if taken with food? The manager in the store said not to take them with milk as its food!! :confused:

I really need to take these vitamins as Im doing all I can to help myself get over my anxiety using natural remedies and living a more healthy lifestyle.
I do hope that I haven't wasted my money as I was really hoping that this would help me. :(

Any info would be very much appreciated :D :D

Piglet
28-02-07, 09:19
What about seeing if the manufacturer has a website where you can ask their customer services.

I too loathe swallowing tablets and I know I had a nutritionist who recommended some for me once and she said it was no problem to add them to my morning cereals.

Piglet :)

yorkylover
28-02-07, 13:23
Hi Pixette,I had to take loads of supplements when I saw a nutritionist and some of them looked more like they had to go up your bottom :o they were so big.Have you tried taking them in a fruit drink,rather than water.It shouldnt hurt taking them with food,it all goes to the same place.:p