PDA

View Full Version : Strange feeling in chest

zx123
09-02-16, 19:39
For the last few months I have been experiencing a strange feeling in my chest close to my heart. It feels like a slight twinge and sometimes it can last all day. I went to the doctor and he checked my heart and told me that it was caused by anxiety and it was called exorsistal (I'm not sure of the spelling). I have looked on the internet but I haven't been able to find out anything about this. Doe's anyone else have any experience of this?

Even though the doctor said it was caused by anxiety, I am still worried about it.

Mike_NY
09-02-16, 21:19
I had similar issues last year and was still worried after the doc said it was anxiety. Luckily my work has a docs office and I asked for an EKG which they said showed no abnormalities. I still wasn't convinced and went to the doc in work again and they gave me another EKG just for my own peace of mind. This set my mind at rest and although I do get the odd sharp pain around my chest, it doesn't bother me anymore. I vape a lot too so I just blame that on it :blush:

My advice mate, ask the doc for an ECG to set your mind at rest.

zx123
09-02-16, 21:59
Ok, thanks,
I will try to get another opinion.

zx123
10-02-16, 09:32
I had this feeling all day yesterday but it is completely gone today.

Mike_NY
10-02-16, 12:17
Glad to hear it's gone :)

zx123
10-02-16, 18:01
Thanks Mike.
I think I might have spoken too soon though, the feeling came back this afternoon.
I have seen two doctors and they both said there was nothing wrong with my heart,
so maybe it's just anxiety. I think I will try to get an ecg scan though.

Mike_NY
10-02-16, 19:20
Acid reflux gives me weird chest feelings and pains, that's what made me get the EKGs in the first place. If you get the feelings shortly after eating, this could be a possibility

mnaha
11-02-16, 01:00
For the last few months I have been experiencing a strange feeling in my chest close to my heart. It feels like a slight twinge and sometimes it can last all day. I went to the doctor and he checked my heart and told me that it was caused by anxiety and it was called exorsistal (I'm not sure of the spelling). I have looked on the internet but I haven't been able to find out anything about this. Doe's anyone else have any experience of this?

Even though the doctor said it was caused by anxiety, I am still worried about it.

I get this almost everyday .. and I am 61 .. geez feel like I am going to have a heart attack. Mostly mine is probably from using the computer. The docs say my heart is in fine shape and that I am probably just sensitive. If your doctor has checked you out then its probably nothing and maybe try relaxing a little and hope you feel better. You aren't alone thats a fact.. take care and be well