PDA

View Full Version : Is this a strange thing to do?

mourningdove
09-02-16, 21:58
So I see my doctor in two weeks. Because I am really struggling with numerous symptoms lately, I'm thinking about using my patient portal to send a message to the office and attach an updated list of my symptoms so she can review them before the appointment. Is this weird? She has a rough idea of what's going on but I just want her to have all the information before diagnoses/referrals/tests etc. I know it can be a time crunch when you're seeing a patient every 10 minutes. Is this too much of me to ask of her?

KeeKee
09-02-16, 22:04
I'm not sure if they'll look at it, have you ever done that before? Could you not book a double appointment or does your surgery not offer it?

mourningdove
09-02-16, 22:09
I don't think I can, I only get 15 minutes:/ the way my GP is, unless you have a med checkup or scheduled out ahead of time, you have to book day of. And with classes its very difficult for me to drop everything and make the 45 minute drive to the doctor considering their 9-5 hours.

glassgirlw
09-02-16, 22:14
I dont think it's strange....but I agree with KeeKee that they might not see it before your appt? Do you know if it's monitored on a regular basis by someone in the office? Could you call the receptionist and tell them what you want to do, and see what they think is the best way to handle it? Just a suggestion ☺

mourningdove
09-02-16, 22:22
I believe it is monitored, it says expect a reply within two business days :)