PDA

View Full Version : Now it's the Zika virus..

misslove
10-02-16, 01:47
How do you find out what is true and what is all hype? I'm in the upper part of the US. Few hours from Canada. I read it's not a big deal unless your pregnant. Well we hope to have a baby this year. Here's the thing. We live on a marsh where the mosquitos are crazy bad in the summer. Is it possible the Zika virus will make it way up the states? Should I be worried at all? I know that I'm going to have enough anxiety during a pregnancy and I don't want to be dodging mosquitos that may or may not be carrying the plague. Any one have any input?

MyNameIsTerry
10-02-16, 02:43
The concern with Zika is people travelling to countries where it exists and causing it to spread out of those regions from what I read.

I think you need to read an official article about it. It is now a major concern and WHO are raising it's status before getting the information they normally wait on because of criticisms over their lack of response to ebola but they are still looking into it all.

misslove
10-02-16, 04:15
Ya but they said the mosquitos are going to carry it everywhere. Idk it's hard to know what's true. Everyone says somethings different. I'm not worried about it as a sexually transmitted. Hubby would have bigger problems then a little std if he cheated lol.

MyNameIsTerry
10-02-16, 04:44
Is that a subtle way of saying he wouldn't have the equipment to transfer it anymore?! :biggrin:

The thing is though that this is isolated to certain countries in a narrow corridor. So, unless the mosquitoes migrate over an enormous distance to reach you, how can it?

misslove
10-02-16, 13:49
Lol yes that's what I meant ;) idk with all the mosquitos at our house I'm all ready worried about getting something from them. They really are pests. I guess it's easy to get wrapped up with all the conspiracy theory people out there.