PDA

View Full Version : An introduction

Sunshine2
10-02-16, 02:34
Hello! I just joined the forum. I'm a 29 year old woman who has suffered with depression since I was 13. I've been through a variety of bad stuff which contributed and became suicidal in 2009. But since then I've been on the up and got through to the other side with my depression not really affecting anything. I was at work Christmas just gone in my second job and I was attacked in my place of work (punched in the face by a man) who proceeded to rob my till and run off. Since that happened my anxiety has been at an all time high the last 2 months and the doctors put me on citalopram and a low dose of diazepam to help me sleep because I've not been sleeping. I've been trying not to take the diazepam much. But anyway that's a brief outline of me and what has brought me here. I didn't know this place existed until I googled anxiety out of sheer desperation of finding people to talk to. So hi :D

venusbluejeans
10-02-16, 02:55
Hiya Sunshine2 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

wayne7
13-02-16, 07:59
Hello Sunshine. . Welcome and glad you found this site. It can be a big help being able to communicate with people with similar experiences. People who understand. I have also occasionally taken a low dose of diazepam for occasions when i felt i needed it rather than regular.regular so it's useful to have.
Hope you can get some help and support 😊

DancingWilliams
15-02-16, 23:08
Hello. Im new here too, if nothing else we are all in a similar place. Im hoping i can find something useful to make each day a little better, or even a place to hold tight when things are more difficult.