PDA

View Full Version : nose bleeds

John_Daryl
10-02-16, 11:41
So yesterday I picked my nose and found dry blood. Since then iv been worried about it. Iv been sticking tissue up my nose to test what's up there and each nostril has some blood up it. I'm now scared as I havnt fallen or banged it or anything lately.

Mindknot
10-02-16, 12:24
It's astonishingly easy to break the tiny blood vessels in your nose, even blowing your nose too hard can do it, or probably the most likely explanation here - dry air. If your nostril lining is dry it can get easily irritated, it can easily bleed, and that blood can just as quickly stop & dry up. Poking around is not going to help at all though, you will probably break more vessels in the process, so please try and stop.

Fishmanpa
10-02-16, 12:45
Winter = low humidity = dry nasal passages = irritation = bleeding = normal. Run a humidifier.

Positive thoughts

mourningdove
10-02-16, 14:11
Yup it's the winter. Regardless I get nosebleeds all the time, some time for no reason at all. It's nasty. But not dangerous. Also, the nose is sensitive, so if you keep disturbing the clot with tissue paper it'll just bleed again. Just leave it alone and if it starts again, hold your head up and pinch your nostrils till it stops :)