PDA

View Full Version : Going through a break up?

sadtimes
10-02-16, 16:57
I know this isn't OCD related but the people on this forum have always been so helpful so I think it's a good idea.

So I was with my boyfriend for 2 years. We met when we were 16 at a house party and pretty much fell in love within a few months of dating. 4 months ago we both went to University, he went to study medicine in Leeds and I'm at a university 2/3 hours away. We kept it going pretty well for the first 2 months but eventually it got to the point where we weren't able to see each other for weeks at a time. Sunday night he called me on Skype and told me that he couldn't handle the distance any more and broke up with me. He told me he still loves me and wants to be with me but the distance just got too hard. We ended up talking for 7 hours until 5am and decided we can't just say goodbye, we've decided to stay friends.

I'm still just so devastated, we were the perfect couple. We had the exact same personalities, we liked all the same stuff, we never argued in the whole 2 year relationship and we have so many amazing memories. We both agreed that we found the right person just at the wrong time. He said I was the perfect girlfriend, and he's definitely the perfect boyfriend. I guess I just need someone to assure me that I will find someone as good as him. I've never met anyone as nice as him, he was definitely one of a kind.

It was definitely the right time to break up though, we both had so much going on, and we ended on just such a good note that I'm glad it ended like this and not a bad way in the future which is what could have happened.
I guess also I'd like some empathy, some breakup stories, or stories of people who got back together again.

PanchoGoz
10-02-16, 18:37
I'm sorry to hear about this...I recently broke up with my boyfriend. I don't know why. He just started acting very off and if I mentioned it he denied it, said he was fine. I ended up sobbing in front of him and he said things weren't right and we should stay as friends...it leaves you feeling very alone and vulnerable doesn't it?
At least you seem to think you've done the best thing...who knows maybe you'll get back together one day? Maybe that's a bad thing to say...you will find someone else :)