PDA

View Full Version : strange metallic tingly tongue?!

half-empty
10-02-16, 17:08
i've probably suffered with this on and off for a few years, at the moment well last 4 months i've been stuck in a healthy anxiety hell hole, I really hope its just another weird symptom of anxiety. but I was just wondering if anyone has had this too? I mention it to people they all say you must be pregnant :roflmao:I am certainly not! nor am I on any medication. please someone tell me I am not on my own with this one!!

Xtrastrongbint
10-02-16, 17:56
Hi - do you take any form of birth control? - I get a metallic taste from chemical birth control (i.e. Depo)

CrazyDaisy
10-02-16, 18:23
I started having tongue symptoms almost a year ago. I thought it was from my toothpaste at first - but it still comes and goes even after changing my toothpaste. My tongue will feel like a burnt it but I didn't and then I will get a metallic taste every once in while. The first time it flared up, I couldn't really taste anything for a month. I still can't find a reason for it. You're definitely not alone!

half-empty
10-02-16, 20:13
no I am not on any birth control as of yet, due to get depo on Friday for first time though! I think I might have figured it out though, I think its from putting tongue at roof of mouth and sucking haha had my boyfriend try it and he got same taste maybe im doing it without realising!!

mnaha
11-02-16, 00:58
i've probably suffered with this on and off for a few years, at the moment well last 4 months i've been stuck in a healthy anxiety hell hole, I really hope its just another weird symptom of anxiety. but I was just wondering if anyone has had this too? I mention it to people they all say you must be pregnant :roflmao:I am certainly not! nor am I on any medication. please someone tell me I am not on my own with this one!!

Sometimes over the counter meds will cause this ,even colds,allergies and flu or sometimes just happens. I have weird taste from time to time and also the metallic thing. I have been checked and checked and rechecked.Sometimes my tongue tingles like nerves or something crawling on it. Also my scalp sometimes feels like a bug running across it.. Just one of those things . Please try not to worry and feel better soon.

half-empty
11-02-16, 11:54
thanks everyone, doesn't seem as strong today so that's something!