PDA

View Full Version : The Return of my Panic Disorder

winter-blues
10-02-16, 17:59
I'm 44 and I'm been dealing with Panic Disorder and Depression off and on for about 20 years now, although I had many years of great success untill about 2 months ago.

My two worst boughts were once in College when I was about 21 that last for a couple of months and then when I was in about 25 and living abroad. The second bought got so bad that I locked myself in my apartment for weeks until my parents came and got me and took me home.

I currently see a psychiatrists once a week, and I'm taking Luvox for Depression and Panic although I'm still currently having panic attacks off and on. I'm also taking Ativan (only a half when I need it) to help me cope and using a UVA lamp in the mornings to help with Seasonal Disaffective Disorder.

It feels like I have some good deals and some bad ones. Also I hate winter and live in a region that gets tons of snow.

My wife is very supportive and understanding, but I feel scared I'm going to drive her away with my behavior.

My Panic disorder has always revolved around a Phobia I have with Food. When I was younger I was afraid of being poisoned. I'm not afraid of that anymore, not I'm mostly afraid of panic attacks when I eat. It came back about 2 months ago right around Christmas (which I also hate)
and still persists.

I'm lucky, I have a low stress job, where I can hid in my office most days and work and good health insurance. But i'm so miserable that this won't get cleared up for a while.

Anyhow, I'd love to hear from others who are dealing with this.

venusbluejeans
10-02-16, 18:04
Hiya winter-blues and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: