PDA

View Full Version : How do you reason with yourse;f when thoughts get out of hand?

BetheRugbyball
10-02-16, 19:39
So, I'm an actual idiot. I was messing about on Reddit and saw a thread asking cancer sufferers about their experiences, and because I thought I was getting better (lol) I clicked it.

I have since drank a whole bottle of wine to calm myself down.

Everything I was worried about has been checked out, was worried about a brain tumor. My optician couldn't find anything wrong, didn't even need new glasses. Was worried about a lump on my lower back, osteopath said it was because the joint was irritated and couldn't even feel anything. Now I'm thinking ''but what if.........''

Seriously, this is getting ridiculous. How do you reason with such intrusive thoughts???

I'm so stupid :doh:

Elen
10-02-16, 19:45
There have been a number of helpful links put on this post for things that help.

It will take a bit of wading through I am afraid.

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=179970

half-empty
10-02-16, 20:28
I don't, my partner has to talk sense into me and calm me down! id probably be locked up if I didn't have him :roflmao:

KeeKee
10-02-16, 20:32
I tend not to be able to so I try to take my mind off it, watch the TV, read a book, pop into town, anything that will give me some relief as the more free time I have the more I stew.