PDA

View Full Version : Pointless worry? :(

TomsThoughts
10-02-16, 20:14
Just now I was scrolling on Facebook and I seen somebody had posted a picture showing what sleep paralysis feels like and now I'm going out of my mind worrying about getting it.

What are the odds I will get this? I can't get it off my mind, I've never experienced it but it's Making me worry

LilGsMama
10-02-16, 20:24
Just now I was scrolling on Facebook and I seen somebody had posted a picture showing what sleep paralysis feels like and now I'm going out of my mind worrying about getting it.

What are the odds I will get this? I can't get it off my mind, I've never experienced it but it's Making me worry

Bless you TT.. I've had to "unfollow" quite a few people on FB with their love of putting various things on their FB feed, which ends up in mine! I'm really sensitive to everything at the moment, not their fault, just best that I stay away from certain things until I feel stronger. I haven't unfriended them, just unfollowed their updates.

If you're anxious about things as it is (and you're on here so you clearly are!), seeing things like that will worry the hell out of you, I know, I'm there.

I tend to stay on here and chat, makes me feel better. No solid answers for you, just to let you know that we understand xx

TomsThoughts
10-02-16, 21:29
As you can tell I'm also sensitive to everything too, it's so frustrating because Before I had GAD nothing like this would even get my attention but now I start thinking what if I had it and I then fixate on me having it and the chances of it happening it's happened with tinnitus and now SP, I keep debating seeing a therapist to see if that will help but I like to have that as a back up plan.

shirlp
10-02-16, 21:34
Unfollow them or hide it from your news feed that's what I do..

TomsThoughts
10-02-16, 21:54
it's not that it happens all the time it's just something dumb that someone reposted but it's sticks with me, now I'm worried about sleeping

androidz
10-02-16, 21:56
Eh, I had some sleep paralysis events a long time ago, when I was like 18-19 years old, it's not the end of the world really, it can be a bit annoying and frightening at the very moment but it won't kill you or anything :roflmao:.

Once I trained my mind to understand that I was fine when they happened, I didn't even panic anymore. I think they happened to me because back in the day I was excercising ferociously and I wasn't giving my central nervous system enough time to recover between workouts. Typical young guy stuff.

LilGsMama
10-02-16, 22:46
Definitely look at therapy, I'm being referred for CBT again for my HA. Worked last time but I let things slide and 4 yrs later here I am again! I also have tinnitus, learning to deal with it as best I can. I hope you consider the therapy, it's worth a try xx

---------- Post added at 22:46 ---------- Previous post was at 22:45 ----------

Unfollow them or hide it from your news feed that's what I do..

I'll have no-one left at this rate shirlp! Xxx

mnaha
11-02-16, 00:48
Don't worry .. I am 61 and have had it once in my life. It was a little scary but other than that I got over it and most of the time I never think about it. Please try not to worry ,it may never happen to you and besides its only just a little scary and then its gone . It won't kill you..so don't worry.. Hope you all the best.

shirlp
11-02-16, 01:58
Oh well maybe not such a good idea then. Lol..

TomsThoughts
11-02-16, 15:37
Thanks a lot guys I feel better about it now and I realise how rare it is, thanks