PDA

View Full Version : flu or virus

toria
10-02-16, 20:59
Hi I haven't been on here for a bit thought I was doing ok, my son has been ill with his chest really bad cough a temp and sore throat etc, well he must of past it to me and I feel crap have temp but not a high one aches and generally feel rubbish I have also got a cough but it's very thick mucas and I am scared I will choke and not be able to clear my throat also that this is going to turn into something more serious I no no one can tell me for definite it won't I think I just wanted some advice also since feeling unwell my heart rate has increased not sure if panic or because I'm unwell just feel very scared at the minute. Thanks for reading x

Fishmanpa
10-02-16, 21:32
There's been a "crud" going around since around Christmas. Both my wife and I had it. Sounds similar... coughing, thick mucous, feeling like crap etc. My doc said it was a virus and to ride it out. OTC cold meds helped as did Musinex.

Feel better soon

Positive thoughts

toria
10-02-16, 22:14
Hi thanks for your reply I am taking paracetamol regular and it helps until it starts to wear off then feel rubbish again, x

Fishmanpa
10-02-16, 22:16
Yeah, I hear ya! We were taking Dayquil every 4 hours and Musinex before bed for almost two weeks! You just have to ride it out. Drink plenty of water and get as much rest as you can.

Positive thoughts