PDA

View Full Version : Swollen uvula

BumbleGirl
11-02-16, 08:26
Back in December I had a swollen uvula when I had a virus and the Dr said it was to do with that. But since then on and off I have noticed it feels like there's something at the back of my throat and my uvula looks swollen again. It's really worrying me because I've read it can affect your breathing! Has anyone else has this xx

Lifelonganxiety!
11-02-16, 18:32
Every once in a while my Uvula will swell up to be huge. To the point that it can lay on my tongue! It's uncomfortable for sure, but it goes down. Could just be inflamed from something like smoke, snoring, a virus... try gargling warm salt water and try to avoid pollutants. It'll go down!

SW_Pat
11-02-16, 20:06
This just happened to me a week ago. It was swollen to the point it was touching my tongue. Just gave it awhile and now it's all good. Should be nothing to worry about! :)

BumbleGirl
12-02-16, 09:06
Thanks guys. I feel a bit better about this now but have moved on to a new worry :-(

Lifelonganxiety!
12-02-16, 16:58
Unfortunately, that's the way Health Anxiety works.

On the plus side, it might help to realise that everything you thought was the end of you never turned out to be the case, so your new worry won't be either!